Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walnut Vase

Mark,

Whenever a new turner needs examples of good form whether its an NE or in this case a vase, you, Keith Burns and Travis Stinson are 3 of the first turners pieces I recommend.

Great form...I love the gentle curve through the neck into the mouth of the vase.....great finish and gorgeous wood.

Nicely done! Thanks for posting.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Can't say anymore than has already been said Mark. Just beautiful. The mouth on this piece is definitely on my to-do list.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Nice! Graceful. Clean. Simple. Fine piece of wood. This is the kind of piece that makes one foolishly think "turning must be easy". But the hardest thing (IMMHO) is to create a simple form that can "stand alone" without any embellishments. This one can...
    David DeCristoforo

4. Thanks for the comments. Pieces of wood like this are one of the main things that keeps me coming back for more at the lathe. I don't think it would matter what shape or form was turned with this piece, the God-placed beauty of the wood would stand head and shoulders above it as it does here.

classic beauty...

Im one of the new kids, I want to be able to do that when I grow up!
    thanks for posting this,
    mj

lovely clean & simple lines, gorgeous wood, and I like the soft buffed finish..

as stated by Michelle

I just have to say this with a quote:

"lovely clean & simple lines, gorgeous wood, and I like the soft buffed finish.. "

Michelle said my exact thoughts, great piece,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Nicol View Post
    I just have to say this with a quote:

"lovely clean & simple lines, gorgeous wood, and I like the soft buffed finish.. "

Michelle said my exact thoughts, great piece,

Jeff

And I agree. Excellent!

There simply isn't anything else I can add for commenting. No matter what one's taste or preference is in form, this just "has" to be beautiful to everyone.

Beautiful wood, beautiful work!

Mark,
    That is a beautiful piece of walnut and you have done the wood proud. Well done.
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

Great form and wood. Very nice piece.