Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black & White Wide-screen TV Stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Koepke View Post
    Thats very nice Sarge.

Its quite different from what you typically do, I really like it!

I am intrigued by the $1.95 maple ... I like to use maple in my pieces, usually pay a little more but dont have the opportunity to pick my pieces ...
    Thanks Leo.. Suwanee has an economy bin on the right of the entrance driveway that they cull the curly from the standard soft for whatever reason and sell for $1.95. It used to be $2.05 but I suppose the economy has driven the price down. haha The normal stock bins get gone through about every three months which loads up the economy bin.

I go up pretty often just to look as you never really know when the event will happen even though I know Oscar and the guys in the warehouse. It's hit or miss with exceptional but they are very close to me and sometimes you run into some very exceptional. Like that box of chocolates in the Forrest Gump movie.. you just never know what you're gonna get. At least I can make drawer sides from curly maple about as cheap as poplar.

Have a good day over in Carroll Co. my friend...
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Sarge, that's really outstanding! Nice work! Great design.
    Thanks very kindly for the compliment Jim.. this is not normal Southern Cooking for me. Had to hold back on the fried green tomatoes on this particular piece but I didn't take any short-cuts with curves! Seven different templates on this one.
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler