Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Kitchen

1st Rate Work

That is a VERY nice build; that job is in my future and I can only hope that the end product looks as nice.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
    Ayn Rand

Van Husky,

The granite is my favorite part. One of the reasons is there is no pattern. It fits in well as the cabin is a walkout cut into a granite hillside. And it is on a small trout stream with a rock bottom. The countertops could easily be a thin slice of the riverbottom.

They called it black marinace gold, or also just marinace gold if you don't like the gold colored stones in it. I'm thinking of using the same in my house, I just can't find anything I like better. In my opinion the purpose of going with a natural countertop is to get something unique, with what the granite folks call movement. The granite that looks plain (like oatmeal) in my opinion might as well be manufactured.

My photos really kind of stink, the wood and the granite look so much better in person. Here is a picture of a slab before slicing it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rob, now I'm intrigued... spent about 3 hours last night looking at vacation rentals on Oak Creek at Sedona AZ, a great small trout stream, to maybe spend tomorrow night. One or two looked similar to your kitchen. Do you mind saying where /what stream this cabin is near?
    Indeed, great looking mix of the black granite and black base.
    Thanks!
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

Dave,

This is in Wisconsin, 100 miles north of Green Bay, I'll be there if you want to stop by and fish, heading up tonight!

Excellent work. Love the granite top and black island as well. You should look into replacing the white outlets in the island with black ones.
    "Less is more." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

Brandy Ol fashion, sounds good. When I moved from Wi to CA I had to learn how to make them. Try it with Southern Comfort. The Ol Fashion part had me distracted, really nice kitchen. Wasn't sure about the black island cab but have to say after looking at all the pics I like it. Sometimes different is good.

Black Marinace, not a cheap stone friend, that's for sure! We priced it for a fireplace hearth (18'X70.5") and not installed they wanted $523, no lie! It also comes in green, red and another color for the field/background. My wife changed her mind after being shell shocked with that price. Nice kitchen Rob, well done!

David
    Life is a gift, not a guarantee.