Thread: Big cherry!

Big cherry!

So my wife says rather wryly: "I see someone sent you a tree." And indeed they did. This isn't exactly a gloat as I paid a reasonable price for these lovely hunks of cherry, but as my family doesn't understand my satisfaction at acquiring this wood, I'd thought I'd share with you, my people.

michigan cherry - the two large hunks are around 16" x 6" x 32" - the crotch piece is much smaller at around 3.5" x 13" x 26"

I'm anxious to rough out some big bowls!

Looks like fun to me. Nice score!

Fear not - we understand.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Sean Hughto View Post
    So my wife says rather wryly: "I see someone sent you a tree." And indeed they did. This isn't exactly a gloat as I paid a reasonable price for these lovely hunks of cherry, but as my family doesn't understand my satisfaction at acquiring this wood, I'd thought I'd share with you, my people.

michigan cherry - the two large hunks are around 16" x 6" x 32" - the crotch piece is much smaller at around 3.5" x 13" x 26"

I'm anxious to rough out some big bowls!
    Sean,

Those larger piece would make some beautiful table legs! Just rip 'em down and hone your spindle skills! Great wood!

Raised in the US (elementary in Lawrence, graduated in Boulder). Now in Israel.
    This is as close as it comes to drinking beer together

Sean, just please consider us as family! I will be by your place tonite to pick up my "family share!"

Is that stuff dry?? If so, that is an even better score!

Very nice score! There are some nice sized bowls, platters, and HFs in that. Your immediate family just needs to be educated on the importance of acquiring wood... Your extended family definately understands.

Can't have too much wood especially Cherry. Those look very nice, don't usually find them that thick.

WOW! Congrats on all that beautiful Cherry! Lots of hollow forms in there!

Have fun! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of it!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!