Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikon D95? thoughts

Scott

Wow!!! Lightroom is amazing. I've had installed for about 5 minutes, and I know I want it.
    I don't even know how it works yet and I want it.

Thank you for pointing me to it.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Cool Mike, glad you like it. I love that program. It's like being in your own darkroom and making photos come out exactly how you want them too. Biggest problem I have had is doing all of that, and then sending it out for printing only to have them "automatically" change the colors to their specifications. I ended up at Adorama in New York, where you can pick "Don't mess with my colors" as part of the ordering process

If anyone is interested, they do have a free trial version for 2 weeks or 30 days or something. If you are into photography, it's worth trying for free.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    Jim
    That D70 is still a very nice camera.
    Sure you don't want the D300? I think you need it for those hunter/jumper shots.
    Unrelated, but, I'm going to try to shoot a horse clinic this weekend.
    (
    My D70 is starting to act up a bit, Mike...frustratingly so occasionally. What's attractive about the D90 is the inclusion of video in the same "tool". But I got a blurb from Ritz today about the D3100...and it's interesting, too, at a low price point.

Enjoy the shoot! One of the barn moms does most of the photography at our barn these days including home and "away" shows. I haven't done much photography at them lately simply because of the time commitment it brings.

And yea, I need to try out Lightroom one of these days, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...