Thread: Thompson Tools on TV

Thompson Tools on TV

I was up early this past Saturday, and happened across a woodturning show. I forget the name of the program, but the guy turned a small, threaded 'stamp roll' holder. While not mentioned by the turner (although named in the credits that rolled by at the end of the show) you could tell Doug's tools in use by their gun-metal gray color. Way to go, Doug!

Mike, this is Tim Yoders "Woodturning Workshop" carried by many PBS stations. This is what happens when a TV producer is also a woodturner... he has four seasons under his belt.

I will say it's amzing to see something you made used on a show... oh his favorite tool is a 5/8 spindle gouge.

Currently the national PBS feed Create is carrying all of season 4. Check to see if your local PBS station (or cable system) carries this feed on one of their digital "sub" channels.
    The current Create schedule is every Tues(Wed) and Thurs(Fri) each episode is carried four times. This lasts until Aug 27/28 (all of season 4)

Starting Sept 11/12 the show will start again (with four showings of each episode) , it appears they will be showing season 2

Me, I still haven't seen any episodes of season 3
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

Mike,

We down in Southern Ms. get Woodturning Workshop on Sat @ 4:30 not the best time but it's at least on the air. Not sure which year it's airing, but watched a guy make a cowboy hat last weekend it was pretty cool.

Stephan

I thought that tool looked shockingly familiar....
    Not allowed

Rock Creek, Ohio. It's alittle town in the NE part of the state, not far from Lake Erie.

The stamp holder project...

was in the alpha edition of Woodturning Design magazine and was written by Gothard Knutson in North Dakota.

Joe