Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: forum down this afternoon

forum down this afternoon

SMC was down since around 3:30pm - page would not load - what were the problems?

don't know, but it happens ALOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Minto View Post
    don't know, but it happens ALOT.

Thanks Mike.......Just glad to know it wasn't only me!

C'mon it doesn't happen ALOT, just once every now and then

I had to reboot the server, it is getting old and tired like me and needs to rest more often than it used to

I have begged Aaron to put the new server online before I go to IWF in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    C'mon it doesn't happen ALOT, just once every now and then

I had to reboot the server, it is getting old and tired like me and needs to rest more often than it used to

I have begged Aaron to put the new server online before I go to IWF in Atlanta.

Appreciate the info Keith! I understand "old and tired!" Sometimes I resemble that remark!

Keith I know about old and tired. A 15 min power nap works wonders.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

forum down

I never worry when the forum is down. I know something is being fixed or something new and better is being installed. Great site, great info, great friends all around. My 'take' on the matter. Max

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey M. Taylor View Post
    I never worry when the forum is down. I know something is being fixed or something new and better is being installed. Great site, great info, great friends all around. My 'take' on the matter. Max
    Now, there is a great attitude!! Thanks, Max!!

It does amaze me at times that folks take as a personal affront the creek being down at times - kinda of like "why are they doing this to me?" Rest assured that when SMC goes down, Keith is far more frustrated than anyone else may be!

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    It does amaze me at times that folks take as a personal affront the creek being down at times
    ping! zing! yeow! fronk! zap! yikes! gee, john, are you referring to my comment? go ahead and say so, if so. making a remark/comment become against the rules here, now, and demand refuting/criticizing? was only a matter of time, i suppose. (oh, and i don't take it as an affront - again, it's just a comment, made in a free country on a private enterprise forum).
    Last edited by Mike Minto; 08-17-2010 at 9:49 AM.

Geeez.......I just look at forum down time as more time to spend in the shop .
    Have a Good One,
    Brent

SPCHT

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Minto View Post
    ping! zing! yeow! fronk! zap! yikes! gee, john, are you referring to my comment? go ahead and say so, if so. making a remark/comment become against the rules here, now, and demand refuting/criticizing? was only a matter of time, i suppose. (oh, and i don't take it as an affront - again, it's just a comment, made in a free country on a private enterprise forum).
    No, Mike, I was not referring to your comment. There have been multiple threads on SMC on this subject - largely in the other forums. Most are not as understanding as are you and the other turners. I guess I should have been more specific in my comments.

Mike, we know each other only on this forum. I enjoy seeing your work, and I enjoy your posts. You seem to be genuine in your comments.

Please understand that I do not harbor some ill will toward you. I am never afraid to be very pointed in my comments (it is what I do daily!) I never use innuendos. Had my remarks been intended for you, you would not have had to read between the lines.

You are making me gun shy of commenting in your threads!! Or, maybe it is just me?!?!

I apologize, again, if I have somehow offended you.

what the forum is.....

Mike and John K.

I am sorry I mentioned the forum being down ...........my only thing is that when it is down, we do miss it, mostly because of the fine folks we have come to "know," if only virtually.

That being said our common interest [woodturning and things related] makes us value one another, and the medium we have come to rely upon in order for those relationships to flourish, which is the SMC-Turning forum.

It was only meant as a "gee, I miss not being able to communicate with folks I have learned to appreciate about the subject we all love - wood turning!"

I wish my AT&T DSL internet was up as much as SMC's server! I don't have a clue how SMC is owned". But I suspect it's an individual with a passion to share, (Kieth) that owns, operates, fixes, frustrates over it. When I see it's down and know it's during working hours, then someone had to sacrifice their work time to fix it..

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bowman View Post
    I wish my AT&T DSL internet was up as much as SMC's server! I don't have a clue how SMC is owned". But I suspect it's an individual with a passion to share, (Kieth) that owns, operates, fixes, frustrates over it. When I see it's down and know it's during working hours, then someone had to sacrifice their work time to fix it..
    Josh, it's 'owned', just like any for-profit business, I'd guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    Mike and John K.

I am sorry I mentioned the forum being down ...........my only thing is that when it is down, we do miss it, mostly because of the fine folks we have come to "know," if only virtually.

That being said our common interest [woodturning and things related] makes us value one another, and the medium we have come to rely upon in order for those relationships to flourish, which is the SMC-Turning forum.

It was only meant as a "gee, I miss not being able to communicate with folks I have learned to appreciate about the subject we all love - wood turning!"
    Roger, I think it's no big deal that you brought it up - although some folks here seem to. I just made a comment to yours - and then brought up a subject some people here seem to have a problem with. $. And I said in the past, in another thread, that someone making money off running this forum is a fine thing. The forum probably would not exist otherwise. It's just that some people will look at a thing (ie, this thread) and not know everything about the subject at hand before commenting.