Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creeker visit #?

Creeker visit #?

Hey, this is getting to be fun! I'm actually starting to lose count of fellow Creeker visitors! This is a GOOD thing! This morning, I had the pleasure of Karl Laustrop swing over for a visit on his way to a haul at the Woodcraft in Madison. (I'm sure "gloat" post & pics are forthcoming, right Karl?!) As always, it's nice to visit with a fellow WW and SMC'er. He's getting ready to start the install of his fancy-dancy Oneida sucker and came over to get some pointers. Yeah. Right. The blind leading the blind! It was a fun visit and we've got plans for a "back at 'ya" visit out to his neighborhood over the Christmas Holiday. And, even a trip to, what is reported to be, a pretty kick-butt lumber supply house! A good time was had and I even scored a few pieces of "ornate" lumber for pens and such. Thanks Karl. I'll catch 'ya on the return trip! Oh, and Karl is another Laguna fan and he felt quite comfy sitting to his LT's "older brother"!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Thumbs up

sounds like you guys had a good visit!
    Hey John whats the $1 bill on the wall for?
    Jim
    Have Chainsaw- Will Travel

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ketron
    Jim
    Yeah, it was a good visit. The one dollar bill on the wall is because I can't afford a $100.00 bill, like they have in the Laguna manual! The Laguna's have these fantastic ceramic guides (5-point contact on both, upper and lower guides) and a dollar bill just happens to be the exact thickness at which you gauge them away from the blade. The manual shows a c-note, but I'm cheap! I just pin it to the wall for convenience, as I don't always have but a few pennies in my pocket!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

The Dollar Bill!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ketron
    Jim
    Jim,
    It's the first dollar that Spring NEVER spent on tools! He was born with the proverbial "silver spoon in his mouth" and inherited all of the expensive stuff that he keeps showing off. Some folks are just fortunate from birth. I can't even afford a new foot-operated treadle for my "neanderthal" lathe.

However, I have my first GRANDAUGHTER!! She was born at 19 pounds and 7" long --or was it just the opposite?? Anyway, I have trouble with measurements. Whatever, I've been gone from the forum for over a week. I'm sure that everyone missed me and my charasmatic approach to everything! GADS! There are times when I even make MYSELF sick!!

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Thompson
    However, I have my first GRANDAUGHTER!! She was born at 19 pounds and 7" long --or was it just the opposite?? Anyway, I have trouble with measurements. Whatever, I've been gone from the forum for over a week. I'm sure that everyone missed me and my charasmatic approach to everything! GADS! There are times when I even make MYSELF sick!!

Dale T.
    Been kinda' wondering where 'ya been hiding. Figures that you'd be watching your daughter do all the work again. Heck, you'd probably still be over there if weren't for the fact that you kept trying to put the diaper on the wrong end of that poor kid! I can understand how you would make yourself sick! Hint: The *next* time you go over there and need to change the baby, you tuck the *CLEAN* diaper under your arm, until you take the dirty one off. NOT the other way around! Hey, really, CONGRATS there Grandpa! Hope everyone is happy and healthy! BUT, we didn't see PICTURES!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Dale,Dale,Dale...it's a good thing John and I saw this before Tyler A gloat isn't real without pictures. Just don't tell that to your daughter!

Ok - A Pic!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Hint: The *next* time you go over there and need to change the baby, you tuck the *CLEAN* diaper under your arm, until you take the dirty one off. NOT the other way around! Hey, really, CONGRATS there Grandpa! Hope everyone is happy and healthy! BUT, we didn't see PICTURES!!!
    Hey Spring,
    Leave it to you to destroy the last bit of self-esteem that I have been clinging to. I ALWAYS put the "dirty" end of the diaper under my arm during changing. It's better than the cheap deodorant which us northwoods rednecks can afford.

Anyway, if you say that the attached picture of the new little "rugrat" is cuter than moi, you may stand to lose your first unspent tool dollar.

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Thompson
    Hey Spring,
    Leave it to you to destroy the last bit of self-esteem that I have been clinging to. I ALWAYS put the "dirty" end of the diaper under my arm during changing. It's better than the cheap deodorant which us northwoods rednecks can afford.

Anyway, if you say that the attached picture of the new little "rugrat" is cuter than moi, you may stand to lose your first unspent tool dollar.

Dale T.
    Ahem...OK, so I owe you a buck!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stutz
    Dale,Dale,Dale...it's a good thing John and I saw this before Tyler A gloat isn't real without pictures. Just don't tell that to your daughter!
    Mark,
    This is the best that I can do. When guys like you and Spring learn how to read, we can do these posts without the pictures. I'm not sure that Tyler can even understand pictures. Anyway, he's on his way out to DC to interview for his first "Cabinet" post. It's a new position suggested by yours truly to President Bush - "Secretary of Woodworking". I hope he doesn't have any skeletons in his closet!?!

Dale T.

Thank You!, Mucho Gracias!, and Dankeshoen!

Pics will be coming shortly of my trip to Woodcraft. Got home too late and too tired from driving to think about setting up and taking pictures.

Picked up some good ideas about shop layout and the Oneida sucker. Of course I got to see [and touch] John's new neander way toys [ I did notice a lot more hair on his knuckles than my last visit in June].

Oh, Jim B., you may notice that green on my sweatshirt. It says JOHN DEERE!!

Dale, congrats on the new addition. She is a beauty. Got 5 girl grand-daughters myself. One boy; man is he spoiled. Oh, yeah, that dollar bill is what Spring charged me for his expertise?!! , not for saw blade clearance.
    Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks, John. I will hopefully be a little closer to getting the Onedia installed and a couple of work benches built.
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

LOL! Shop visits can be so much fun...it doesn't cost anything (initially) to fondle other folks' tools...

I hear you Karl...I don't wear orange, however, unless it's my safety vest when I'm working near the road! Besides, there is enough orange on my machine that I'd never need to wear it, too.

Dale...congrats on the new beauty!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I think I am beginning to understand what you mean by [initially] Jim. I am trying to decide on a good dovetail saw to go with the Veritas 1:6 and 1:8 Dovetail Markers I got. I decided to forgo the jig and learn the neander way first. [I can feel the hair growing on my knuckles]
    And now that I will have a Mortiser in a couple of weeks, I think I need to start looking at a good plane for finishing off the tenons when I start to construct using that feature.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

A WHOLE dollar!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Laustrup
    Oh, yeah, that dollar bill is what Spring charged me for his expertise?!!
    Karl,
    I think that you got seriously ripped off if you spent an ENTIRE dollar for Spring's "expertise".

For your ears only: I'm selling Lake Michigan for 1 cent per gallon. Considering how you apparently throw money away, I'm sure that you would be interested.

This is my way of thanking you for your most kind comments on our new family "addition".

Dale T.

Only Becker....I only got Becker....the lonely Laguna crazy Creeker

you get them all...Tyler, Karl....on and on

Thats ok I think I'll plane a scrap of wood , cut it very slowly and carefully toss it in the fireplace
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    Only Becker....I only got Becker....the lonely Laguna crazy Creeker

you get them all...Tyler, Karl....on and on

Thats ok I think I'll plane a scrap of wood , cut it very slowly and carefully toss it in the fireplace
    Mark, if fortune shines on me in such a way that I get anywhere *near* Laguna, you best be warned that I'll be showing up on your doorstep! And, if ever I find out that you've been through Packerland and didn't stop by, well I think I'd make a special effort to get out West and give you a piece of my mind! That should only take a few seconds, but it's the principal of it all!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas