Thread: G0513x2 bandsaw table alignment

G0513x2 bandsaw table alignment

I am trying to align the table on my new G0513x2 so that the blade is parallel with the miter slot. I'm following the instructions in the manual: loosening the bolts holding the table to the trunnion, laying a straight edge across the blade, and then measuring the distance from the straight edge to the miter slot on both sides of the table. Problem is...the table won't move enough to be square.

Am I missing something???
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Blog Entries
    Is the table "positive stop" hanging up on something. The stop is the bolt that the table hits as you return to zero. Part #'s 64 and 65 in my manual. How about the tilt lock? is it free? Otherwise, I'm not sure. My table had plenty of room to get aligned. If you hit a limit and are not aligned, shift the whole table back the opposite direction and begin again. I've got to think something is hanging up(?).
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 08-24-2010 at 11:02 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Is the table "positive stop" hanging up on something. The stop is the bolt that the table hits as you return to zero. Part #'s 64 and 65 in my manual. How about the tilt lock? is it free? Otherwise, I'm not sure. My table had plenty of room to get aligned. If you hit a limit and are not aligned, shift the whole table back the opposite direction and begin again. I've got to think something is hanging up(?).
    hmmm...I didn't think of those things. See, that is why I asked here. Thanks. I'll check...
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

One other thing to check: is your blade tracking straight? If it's off, it will angle the blade because the wheels are crowned.

FWIW, I never bothered to do that. It's the same problem of drift when resawing. Every time you change tracking or tension (i.e. every time you change the blade) "straight" changes.

But other than that, Glenn's right. You're probably just hitting something. Be sure you loosing the geared tilt mechanism if you have it on yours.

Harold,

I seem to recall having the same issue and, being the most mechanically disinclined person earth, I couldn't figure it out. I called Grizzly and had it fixed in no time. Best. Dave.

Blog Entries
    Dave's got the best answer, I think.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    One other thing to check: is your blade tracking straight? If it's off, it will angle the blade because the wheels are crowned.

FWIW, I never bothered to do that. It's the same problem of drift when resawing. Every time you change tracking or tension (i.e. every time you change the blade) "straight" changes.

But other than that, Glenn's right. You're probably just hitting something. Be sure you loosing the geared tilt mechanism if you have it on yours.
    I just put my G0513X2 in commission a couple weeks ago. I didn't bother with the miter slot alignment either for the same reasons. I just moved the table around to center the blade in the insert.