Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anyone made their own "portable CO2" setup for nailers etc?

Well, Harbor freight is 50 miles away, Sears is <1 mile, so the Evolv it is. Will try it out tomorrow. On sale for $69 right now (reg. $79).

Almost forgot to post back. The Evolv worked great for the chair rail I put up. Honestly, I don't think it is AS noisy as my 25 gal. compressor in the garage. Does take some time to fill up, probably three minutes. I didn't time it! I actually ran it in the garage til it shut off, then carried it into the house to install the rail, shot about a dozen brads into the rail, and carried it back out and drained. It never came on so i don't know how many brads i could have shot before it re-filled. I think i'm gonna like it if/when I ever put crown in the living room.

Well I play paintball alot so I have tanks. I would get the good system. You are not dealing with compressed air froma compressor a couple of hundred psi. Paintball tanks use 3k--4500psi. Something blows in that reg it is a bullet pointed up towards your head. Also the co2 if it drains the tank fast from a open valve it can actually burn you. I have seen this many times with rental guns that go bad. Just something to be aware of if you are home brewing.

I have seen in line paintball regs that may work. and they are all metal and probably pretty safe.
    -=Jason=-

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...86754#poststop

It's a bit sideways - cause that's how it was posted in the original thread.
    The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
    - Marcus Aurelius ---------------------------------------- ------------- [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by David Epperson View Post
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...86754#poststop

It's a bit sideways - cause that's how it was posted in the original thread.
    Neat idea; hadn't seen that thread... The PVC tank at 120 psi kind of gives me some pause (I seem to recall a lot of advise against using PVC for piping compressed air), but other than that... Very cool.