Thread: Text file

Text file

Hi all! My customer will supply a name list (alpha. order) of 5000 names. Is there a data base program thats compatible with Corel Draw - I want the list to import or copy to Corel as text so I can re-size & locate as necessary. I tried Excel & it comes in as 1 object. They are considering "Access" - I have not tried it. I REALLY don't want to re-type the entire list in Corel. Please advise! Thank you very much. Sandy

Sandy

Carl Sewell creates macros for Corel and has one to do what you want. He is on the FOTC list or pm him. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=9527

I use his stuff almost every day.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

If it can be converted to Artistic Text it can then be broken apart - but a good macro would be easier. 5000 of something should make it worthwhile!

A simple highlight text in word, control C, go to Corel text box, control V

Text is now in Corel as as editable text.

If this is some type of form work see Roy Brewer's mail merge. this will import the data and fill in spaces.

GDG

That is very simple - save as a csv file, comma separated values, and do a mail merge. You can also use odbc to connect directly to the spreadsheet and do a merge.

Gary

Roy Brewer at Engraving Concepts has some great tutorials to address this. Search for print merge. Can also search this forum.
    Rudy

45-WATT Epilog Mini-24, CorelDraw X6,
    Wacom Intuos Tablet, Flame Polisher
    George Knight DC16 Heat Press
    BJ890 Muli-Function Mug Press
    Ricoh GX e3300n printer
    Vacc-U-Press VP3030

Print Merge Videos

Jeanette Brewer
    Engraving Concepts

Jeanette:

I'm trying the print merge without good result, please see the attachment, what I'm doing wrong? The graphic takes the whole page size.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm trying the print merge without good result,..., what I'm doing wrong? The graphic takes the whole page size.
    Victor,

Print Merge assumes you want multiples of the *page* in DRAW. It looks like you are putting your object in the upper/left corner of your page. Instead, make your Page Size in DRAW match the size of your object(plate, nametag, etc).
    Roy Brewer[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog/Control Laser/Roland engravers/Xenetech