Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What has been keeping me busy!

What has been keeping me busy!

Good morning all, This is what I have been working on for the last couple weeks and it has been a true labor of love for a good cause. It will be auctioned off to help people with special needs, brain injuries, handicaps of all sorts thhat have desires to be around horses or ride them. It is called "Walk On" horses and the group that contacted me to do the horse is River Valley Riders out of Bayport MN. One of the board members is one of my best customers for my turnings so she thought I would do a great job, I hope I did! So anyway here are a couple of pictures of the completed statue with a turned American Elm base. We may change the base to one that they had made in the "Flat" but I think the round one adds some grace to the whole thing. The base is now sprayed with gloss lacquer and looks real good. Now on to a bunch of small turnings out of an old barn beam of Red Elm that came out of a friends Great Grandfathers barn. I am making a plethora of small to larger bowls, vessels and miniatures so that all the family will have a piece to remember the Patriarc of the family. I will post the group of turnings when I get them done. The barn is still standing and this beam was replaced with a new one as it had dry rotted and was in danger of collapsing the whole place.

Any way here is the Charity Auction Horse and base.

Thanks,

Jef
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Jeff - your talent surprises me! (and I mean that is a good way!) Excellent craftsmanship! I am sure it will do quite well at the auction! Very nice work - seriously - VERY nice!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

keeping busy

Jeff3, you just have too much talent for one man. Great looking horse carving.
    Still enjoying my steady-rest ala Jeff Nichol. Max

You are a man of many talents, Jeff! Very well done and for a good cause also.

Jeff, I have always thought that getting the head right on a horse - whether in a painting or sculpture, is the key to a successful piece. You nailed this one!! Simply a fantastic job, and I don't even want to think of the hours you have in this one!

Now that takes talent! The carving that is! Great looking horse!

Way cool Jeff...Always good to do work for a good cause as well!

At first when I looked at the horse, I thought, " Jeff has gone into the bronze casting realm." I like this very much /jeff. You done did yosef PROUD!!!

Jeff I am just amazed at your talent and that beautiful piece. You should be very proud.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

10. Boy, that kind of art is WAY over my head! You know some people just have talent that oozes out of their pores!

Congrats Jeff, fine work for a fine cause!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Well done, no doubt...

Jeff, that's just cool.
    What I think is superb about that piece, besides the fine job of carving, is getting the grain orientation to be "spot on" for the flow of the horse's coat.

2 thumbs up dude!! That's great work.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

Very impressive Jeff. I don't like horses....but this one doesn't do all the things that I don't like about horses....so I like this horse. And you did an exceptional job. Very cool that it is for charity.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Jeff, you are a true renaissance man of many talents. This is a wonderful carving for a wonderful cause.

Holy Cow!!!!!! I mean Horse. That is just a beautiful piece Jeff. I hope it raises thousands for those in need.

Tony
    Tony

"Soldier On"

Wow!!!!

Absolutely beautiful, Jeff. It really turned out great. You have put a lot of effort into this piece since I last stopped down. Can you post a before picture so everyone can see what it looked like before the wood was applied?

Great job, my friend.
    Mike Svoma

"There is nothing sexier than a woman in camoflage"