Thread: 1-Touch Laser Photo Issues (NEED HELP)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1-Touch Laser Photo Issues (NEED HELP)

Hello All,

I have been a mamber of SC for a while now but have not posted many threads. I have always found what I've needed on here and am hoping that someone can help me now.

I recently installed the 30 day trial of the 1-Touch Laser Photo software and am quite impressed with it's capabilities except for one flaw. Everytime I engrave anything the shaded areas of the image contain large vertical and horizontal lines like that of a plaid jacket. I will attach images also for reference.

So everyone knows, I am running an older model of the Epilog, the Legend 32 100 Watt system (Water Cooled). I spoke with someone at ULS about the possible issues of using their software on an Epilog machine and was told that not only was that not a problem but that they too used Epilog machines in ther offices to verify that it works. I'm not sure if maybe my machine is just too old and cannot keep up with the high tech software that I am using or if there is something that I am missing that someone else can point out.

The order in which I use the 1-Touch software now is as follows:

1: Import Image into Corel Draw
    2: Position, Resize, and Resample as desired
    3: Export as Bitmap to desktop
    4: Load into 1-Touch Software
    5: Filter image based on material type
    6: Export back to desktop as Bitmap
    7: Re-Import newly filtered image into Corel and reposition
    8: Print to Engraver

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Joshua Hopper; 08-26-2010 at 6:17 PM. Reason: Forgot to add pics