The National Archives has an "estore": http://estore.archives.gov/

They sell some video DVDs that are hyped as "unedited footage of WWII". In fact, all these products appear to be collections of public domain government documentaries or newsreels of the WWII era, which means the footage was thoroughly scrutinized and edited. The usual game of companies that repackaged public domain films is to put the same film on several different products.

Most companies are at least honest enough to say which films are on the products, so you know when you are buying the same film twice. Howver, I noticed that estore doesn't list the films that are on products like "A Century Of War". I decided to play the game of trying to get "the government" to tell me what films were on it. I called "customer service". (The directions on the site are wrong. Forget the part about pressing 8 and dialing an extension.) I got an employee who was at the store and he did offer to read me the titles until he realized that there 25 DVDs and several films on each. I spoke to the manger next. She didn't know how I could get a written or electronic list of the films. She gave me a number of the person in charge of the website. I called her, got an answering machine and left a message, which included the fact that the directions about the customer service extension on her website are wrong. Never got a reply. I emailed customer service twice and got no reply.

I was doing this more or less as an idle pastime, so I found it entertaining to have my expectations of "customer service" fulfilled. I assume third rate customer service is cheaper than the real thing. I'm glad to see my tax dollars at work.