Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SketchUp question

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Tutterrow View Post
    Thanks, I will try it this weekend and let you know.

Is there a line thickness option?
    Well I finally got the chance to try this. Two problems:

1. The printed lines were not the correct space between them. SketchUp shows them as the correct spacing, but they are too close together when printed. Maybe printing is scaling.

2. The lines are way too thick!

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 09-07-2010 at 2:14 PM.

Maybe. It seems to me that your problems stem from trying to print directly from the SketchUp model. It also sounds as though you may have edge profiles turned on.

What kind of printer are you using? I use a laser printer when I want accurate output. I usually don't depend on SketchUp's accuracy in printing directly from the model. SketchUp can be really quirky about printing directly from the model. So, in the interests of science, I made a model of my 6" engineer's scale and printed it out directly from the SketchUp model to see how accurate it was.

Unless I meant to use the print-out to build rocketry components, it's perfectly accurate enough. But there are some caveats.

Make sure edge profiles are turned off. Make sure depth cue is turned off. Make sure the size of your model will fit on your paper (at one to one--no scaling). Make sure the shape of the window on your monitor doesn't force SketchUp to tile the output. (This can be extremely frustrating. It may help to set your printer to print in landscape mode.) In the print dialog, UNCHECK the "Fit to page" box. Also, set BOTH scale windows to 1. Also, set the quality to High Definition. (Changing the other boxes in the print dialog are up to you, but I leave 'em alone.)

I am attaching a screen shot of the print dialog of my successful test. The red highlight (which I added for instructive purposes) shows the critical areas.

See if this doesn't fix things. If not, perhaps Mr. Banks can offer a different solution.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 09-07-2010 at 2:15 PM.