Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pendant Chuck II

Pendant Chuck II

Well this past Sunday I spent an hour or so building a pendant chuck based on my previous trial and incorperated the new idea of indexing. Here is the result. The pendant is not very good, made from scap with cracks but it does demonstrate the indexed circles I can do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike Golka; 03-09-2010 at 11:33 AM.
    Always drink upstream of the herd.

Looks like you got that pendant thing figured out! Really nice effect with all the detail work!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Now, I like that one!!! Very nice effect on the design - sort of reminds me of the toy the kids used to have - Spirograph, I believe. That would make a neat inlay design with filled grooves.

Looks like a winner so far

I know there are these sort of things on the market, but it is always more fun and way less expensive to do it on your own. I may have some more free time to do some of this kind of stuff now. I still like creating and trying to find the right design for things that may turn into the one invention that everyone wants one of! I just need to work on a smaller scale sometimes.

Great project and looks to work well,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Mike, that's really cool. Do you have a tutorial, or another post on this jig/chuck, that explains how it works? I would really like to make one of these. Or----- have you considered making these to sell?
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.

That's a winner! Nice work on the pendant too.
    Ridiculum Ergo Sum

Looks good Mike. Really nice pendant.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Neighbors View Post
    Mike, that's really cool. Do you have a tutorial, or another post on this jig/chuck, that explains how it works? I would really like to make one of these. Or----- have you considered making these to sell?
    I would love more details as well. Would like to try my turn at making this type of chuck arrangement and turning some of my own.

Thanks,
    Joshua

Joshua and Allen I have been asked by Woodturning Design Magazine to submit an article on my chuck. They think something this easy to construct may be worthy of some type. Still waiting to get the package from them but in the process of doing the article a tutorial may evolve. Two birds with one stone so to speak.
    Thanks to everyone else for your kind words.
    Always drink upstream of the herd.

I too would love to see a tutorial on this Mike.
    Good luck on getting something published on it.

Very interesting. Good job on both the chuck and the pendant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Golka View Post
    Joshua and Allen I have been asked by Woodturning Design Magazine to submit an article on my chuck. They think something this easy to construct may be worthy of some type. Still waiting to get the package from them but in the process of doing the article a tutorial may evolve. Two birds with one stone so to speak.
    Cool chuck. It looks like a great solution.
    And congratulations on the article interest. I hope to be reading it in the near future.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Any Progress on a tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Golka View Post
    Any Progress on a tutorial??

"The best things in life are not things."

I subscribe to WoodTurning Design. I'm waiting for the article.

got enough lathe there to hold that chuck steady?