Thread: Bosch "multi-tool" CORDED @ IWF

Bosch "multi-tool" CORDED @ IWF

Bosch had their previously unannounced CORDED multitool at IWF. Was in a hurry and did not get to really go over it but it looks like a good alternative to the Fein and the tool and accessories will be cheaper. It may be a solid choice between the HF and the Fein.

Thats a good move for them. The Fein was too much money when I needed one, the HF wasn't out, the dremel felt cheap, and I didn't trust the batteries to last long enough on the cordless. I ended up with a Rockwell which is nice, but until recently accessories were only available at limited places.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Thats a good move for them. The Fein was too much money when I needed one, the HF wasn't out, the dremel felt cheap, and I didn't trust the batteries to last long enough on the cordless. I ended up with a Rockwell which is nice, but until recently accessories were only available at limited places.
    I agree, seems like a wise move. I was planning on getting a Fein in the next few months but will wait for the feedback on the Bosch which could be just the ticket.

Sometimes looks can be deceiving as they all tend to look alike. At the Fein booth, there were a number of competitor multi-tools in the booth. The competion was a race to perform the tasks of removing grout, sanding, and sawing. Competitors got to choose their 'weapon' and there had to be at least 12 competitor tools available. This involved 2 tool changes to accomplish the tasks. About 2/3 of the way through the competition, one of the competitors said very clearly 'whatever you do, don't buy the Dremel'. The winner was the Fein but that may have had some positive bias as the Fein driver was one manning the Fein booth.

Thanks for the update. I was looking at the Bosch but saw several negative reviews about the battery life. Any idea how much it will cost when it is released?

MK

FWIW, I saw Ridgid also has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail Khan View Post
    Thanks for the update. I was looking at the Bosch but saw several negative reviews about the battery life. Any idea how much it will cost when it is released?

MK
    I didn't commit the price quoted to memory BUT it seems like he said $149 but I assume thats a very bare bones kit. I also think he said October for US availability.

In my estimation of the current lot the Fein is worth the money if you use it a lot, the Bosch may fill a void in quality between the Fein and the also rans as it sits now.

I found the Bosch corded one online over a year ago, but at that time it was sold only in Europe. It is a very sensible idea to bring it here.

I have the Fein and the cordless Bosch. The Fein is the stronger of the 2 for sure. But I use them mostly in the shop to sand into corners, cut plugs or dowels flush, cut a notch in a shelf corner etc. None of these small tasks take much time and at most I've had to do one battery swap. I hadn't started with a full charge, so that doesn't count.

I find I'm more apt to grab the cordless for tasks like this because it's easier to just grab it out of the drawer and put it back without dealing with cords. For larger jobs, the Fein is a plus, particularly with its dust collection.

They both have their place, but at the bench the cordless is more convenient IMHO, but I will always go cordless if there is a tool up to the task.

I bought the cordless Bosch refurbed for $99 just for the heck of it and used it the last month installing flooring in four rooms. While the batteries don't seem to last too long I don't know how much continuous duty that type of tool sees where you can't wait the 1/2 hour or so for the second battery to charge.

If I was removing grout or something like that they I would say go corless. For cutting down door trim and notching flooring as I did, cordless worked great.

Has anyone heard on a release date for the bosch corded?

The only info i can find for an october release date was in europe.http://www.bosch-presse.de/TBWebDB/e...xt.cfm?id=4574

I tried the 1-800 line and even called the head office, but no one could provide me with any info. Basically just the standard "We dont import from europe as bosch NA and Euro are two separate companies" and that its not / wont be available here. Very frustrating when this very thread proves otherwise

The GOP250 looks like a excellent competitor to the Fein. Same power, plus the ability to use the cheaper bosch/dremel attachments.

I cant wait forever, but can hold off for a bit if i know its coming for sure.

I wish I had gotten a business card from the guy in the booth. As it is I have no contact other than the sandard route. It seems several of the Bosch tools are a little slow to roll out but are showing up. I have time to wait, but would be frustrated if I did not.

I have a Fein. I have used most of the ones on the market, and have yet to find one that compares, not saying this new Bosch will not, but for thirteen years now I have abused mine on the job site and it still works as new. I would buy another one.