Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Well, another weekend has come and gone and I'm GLAD it's over. OnCall this weekend and this week, so work life is tough and long hours. No real shop time this weekend but I have some Christmas gifts to finish or else.

So what did you do this weekend?

Best of Weeks and Holidays to you all...
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I delivered the headboard to the customer (the maple wit that arch top) and played with a new low cost veneer setup.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=14713

Keith

Thumbs up

I finished making a sliding pot lit rack for my son. Put away all the lawn tools for the year.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Did my first glue up. Turned it into a cutting board for my wife. It turned out fairly decent, used my Veritas scraper on it so I got to try out a new tool. I also did a serving tray for my Mom for Christmas. My Hopechest is no longer in weight training. It lost the little bit of warp and I finished the trim on it.

Saturday, I got my order of router bits from Infinity. I had ordered the "6 Essentails" and the plywood dado set. So I got to play with them. I really like them, they seem to be the equal or better than the Freud bits I have. No tearout when going against the grain and very clean end grain cuts.

I grabbed another one of the camera's from CVS at lunch, so I should have some pics for teh Pic Police later this week.

Blog Entries
    Spent just about all of the weekend putting up trim in the bar room. That and setting the newly built bookcase in its place between the two window seat structures and also picking up about forty more board feet of red oak rough sawn lumber that matches another forty I picked up the week before. Wow, what a difference it makes using the nailing gun with the new pancake compressor! Making headway much faster with the trim work. Finished out the weekend with the son as he finished up the ambrosia maple jewelry box for his girlfreind for Christmas. Only putting on a finish and mortising in the hinges remain now. Think I'll post a pic of it when its done.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Did some last minute surfaceing on the stock for a Shaker Tall clock I had in the works. Glued up and see where it goes from there...

On the other hand...I am told that one of the logs I bought was really curly...

I spent very little time in the shop, basically cleaning up my recently acquired (free!) jointer. Pics and gloat details to come later. We had our church Christmas Show, and I spent a lot of time at that. I did get to use my portable drill, tearing down the set until about midnight last night. Glad that part's over.

I had a busy weekend turning pens, FRI, Sat , Sun I was able to turn 80 pens, (ran out of blanks), It was fun.
    Earl

Saturday morning I picked up the materials for my daughter's train table. Saturday evening was the office Christmas party and we spent the night at the hotel where it was held. Sunday morning we bought Directv and Tivo. It gets installed on Wednesday, so starting Thursday I'll be Tivo-ing NYW and David Marks. In the afternoon I worked on the base for the train table and got all the mortises and tenons cut (got to use my L-N rabbet block plane for the first time) and the base glued up.

Still working on the shop...er garage remodel. It is amazing to me how various tasks take me so bloody long to accomplish. Sure, I'm anal and do very neat and exacting work and always go the "extra mile" to do it right...wait, maybe that is why it takes so long. Also, having a curious 3 year old under your feet might slow things down a bit....

Oh well...slowly...slowly...slowly...but surely!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Spent some time doing spinny things (documented in the Turning Forum) as well as the final touches on the armoire. Otherwise, I was giving birdie head-scratches frequently as Dr. SWMBO is in India at a Liver Cancer conference and I have to be the only "big bird" for the time being... (You folks with toddlers will understand I'm sure...)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Spent all weekend in shop with tapeing drywall ,finished on sat. Went to Menards to get paint,some trim and a Jet air cleaner (could not resist $184.00 plus a $25.00 mail in rebate=159.00). Will update pics later this week when I get lights put back up. Also new camera batteries.

Tom

Finaly finished painting the shop floor. Hoping to move stuff in there this week.
    Found a box with a project in it that I started before the move. Managed to get that finished.

Lou
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

Spent the weekend making this for my 12 year old daughter. Maple and Oak laminated, finished with BLO.

Randy
    Attached Images Attached Images

If its December, I must be busy....

Worked all day Saturday, worked part day Sunday (delivered funeral flowers), went to Michael's (first son) christmas band concert (I really need to show you all his concert band trumpet ((1918 Holten trumpet that his grandfather played and that I PAID to have restored) finished some outdoor christmas decorating.

Joe