Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: There's more than weeds growing in the lawn

There's more than weeds growing in the lawn

I found these little guys in the front yard yesterday afternoon. Guess I better watch where I drive the lawn tractor
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I was sad because I had no shoes,
    Then I saw a man who had no feet
    ================================
    If you do today what no one else will,
    You'll do tomorrow what no one else can

Blog Entries
    Obviously quite tame and unafraid of humans... surprising. Where's the mother? If they were in my yard I'd feed them whenever possible to make 'em really friendly. I have a family that lives under the front porch (or at least visits there a lot), though a bit more skittish... I can get within about 10-12'. I throw them some lettuce or carrots from time to time, and in return they give me some good photo ops.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I had a big fat one in my backyard. In this case "fat" because the little bugger ate all my tomatoes.

Mine was named Stew.

Hasenpfeffer!

I had a foolish couple build a next right next to the air conditioner in a small, very small valley, my lab found it.....I had to redirect her to keep her from havin a snack......

We used to have a number of rabbits around our house and they especially enjoyed the fruits of my labor in the garden until I put up a fence. Lately, we have been seeing red fox around the house and no rabbits. I think there is a connection...

We used to have more in past years in our back yard I think a red tail hawk is to blame. John

When I was little we had an above ground pool in the back yard, a mother bunnie made her nest by the first post. I would go out and say good morning to the nest each day, one morning when I came out the nieghbors cat was killing the last baby. I ran into my dads shop and got a 2x4 with nails in one end, the cat got over the chain link fence before I could get her. About a month later I was sitting at my desk and heard the cat in the neighbors yard, took out my Sheridan air rifle and opened the window, said meeeoow and the kitty dropped on the spot. Please do not get me wrong, I love animals, but if you kill something you eat it and respect it. There is a cat that lives down the street, he is named the Hunter by me, when he takes something down he leaves the bones on the side of my house, kind of like he knows how I feel.

Heather
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Thompson View Post
    When I was little we had an above ground pool in the back yard, a mother bunnie made her nest by the first post. I would go out and say good morning to the nest each day, one morning when I came out the nieghbors cat was killing the last baby. I ran into my dads shop and got a 2x4 with nails in one end, the cat got over the chain link fence before I could get her. About a month later I was sitting at my desk and heard the cat in the neighbors yard, took out my Sheridan air rifle and opened the window, said meeeoow and the kitty dropped on the spot. Please do not get me wrong, I love animals, but if you kill something you eat it and respect it. There is a cat that lives down the street, he is named the Hunter by me, when he takes something down he leaves the bones on the side of my house, kind of like he knows how I feel.

Heather

Not gettng you wrong in anyway... So you ate the cat then or just gave it respect, which one. Lets just say credibility is a bit lacking here.
    Sent from the bathtub on my Samsung Galaxy(C)S5 with waterproof Lifeproof Case(C), and spell check turned off!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Thompson View Post
    About a month later I was sitting at my desk and heard the cat in the neighbors yard, took out my Sheridan air rifle and opened the window, said meeeoow and the kitty dropped on the spot. Please do not get me wrong, I love animals, but if you kill something you eat it and respect it.
    How'd the cat taste?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ashton View Post
    Not gettng you wrong in anyway... So you ate the cat then or just gave it respect, which one. Lets just say credibility is a bit lacking here.
    Brian,

The neighbors cat was just killing the baby bunnies, they were all over the back yard, not being eaten. I hunt rabbit and squirrel every year, eat them all, also use the squirrel tails for fishing jigs. When I fish if I catch a trophy it gets back in the water right after the picture if there is a camera at hand. The cat that I shot was given respect, no I did not eat it but it grew some great tomatoes.

Heather
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.

I'd have trouble eating too with a young Heather trying to bludgeon me with a 2X4. LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heather thompson View Post
    brian,

the neighbors cat was just killing the baby bunnies, they were all over the back yard, not being eaten. I hunt rabbit and squirrel every year, eat them all, also use the squirrel tails for fishing jigs. When i fish if i catch a trophy it gets back in the water right after the picture if there is a camera at hand. The cat that i shot was given respect, no i did not eat it but it grew some great tomatoes.

Heather
    lol
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Obviously quite tame and unafraid of humans... surprising.
    When they are that young, they may not have learned to fear us yet. A few years ago, we had some groundhog pups that were the same way...ate out of our hands on the deck. (yes, we were careful...)

Rob, they are very cute little critters!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...