Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: There's more than weeds growing in the lawn

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Thompson View Post
    Brian,

The neighbors cat was just killing the baby bunnies, they were all over the back yard, not being eaten. I hunt rabbit and squirrel every year, eat them all, also use the squirrel tails for fishing jigs. When I fish if I catch a trophy it gets back in the water right after the picture if there is a camera at hand. The cat that I shot was given respect, no I did not eat it but it grew some great tomatoes.

Heather
    I can only guess that you don't understand what you've said - or don't care... You were so disgusted in what the cat was doing it motivated you enough to go and needlessly kill it. YOU DID THE VERY THING YOU SUPPOSEDLY WERE REVILED BY. And by your last post it's all a joke to you. You have very twisted idea of respect. Have you ever heard the saying. As the dragon hunter you have to be careful not to become the dragon. Can't say anymore.

Don't even get me started about catch and release (deleted). Lets just say, can I come over and throw a piece of meat on a hook to your dog and drag it around by its face simply for my enjoyment. Honestly I promise to be kind and release it after - unharmed...
    Last edited by Mike Null; 09-09-2010 at 8:44 AM. Reason: deleted language
    Sent from the bathtub on my Samsung Galaxy(C)S5 with waterproof Lifeproof Case(C), and spell check turned off!

Way back when my middle daughter had her 11th birthday party on our back deck, our Cat dragged a rabbit under the deck, and commenced to eating it while it screamed. Now, imagine a dozen 10,11,and 12 years old girls listening to this and reacting like little girls watching a bunny being eaten.. Not a particularly fun afternoon until I got the rabbit away from the cat (the Cat weighed 18 lbs, and was reluctant to give it up) When I got it away, it was dead, so I chased the cat out, and told them the rabbit got away. I think old Molson went back and finished eating it after the party.. We have been plagued by raccoons lately, so i went out and bought a cage type trap, set it up on the porch, and bingo.... I got my first Skunk Dragged the cage to the back of the yard, flipped it over so the door would fall flat, and let it out.. Big stink, but no spray. I had to change my clothes anyway, it was kinda thick in the air.. I would hope to never hit one with a lawnmower
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Blog Entries
    Bill,

I think that one was even better than Heather's
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Rabbits

A neighbor once left a baby rabbit in a box on my doorstep. I don't know why he thought I could take care of it or why I would. Anyway it died that day; probably stressed out from captivity. When the neighbor asked a friend of mine who was visiting at the time how the rabbit was doing he said: "George said he'll take all them little rabbits you can find. He said it didn't make much gravy but it was real tender!" My neighbor went to his grave thinking I ate that baby rabbit!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ashton View Post
    I can only guess that you don't understand what you've said - or don't care... You were so disgusted in what the cat was doing it motivated you enough to go and needlessly kill it. YOU DID THE VERY THING YOU SUPPOSEDLY WERE REVILED BY. And by your last post it's all a joke to you. You have very twisted idea of respect. Have you ever heard the saying. As the dragon hunter you have to be careful not to become the dragon. Can't say anymore.

Don't even get me started about catch and release (deleted). Lets just say, can I come over and throw a piece of meat on a hook to your dog and drag it around by its face simply for my enjoyment. Honestly I promise to be kind and release it after - unharmed...
    Dude...seriously...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike Null; 09-09-2010 at 8:46 AM. Reason: deleted language
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Don't even get me started about catch and release deleted. Lets just say, can I come over and throw a piece of meat on a hook to your dog and drag it around by its face simply for my enjoyment. Honestly I promise to be kind and release it after - unharmed...[/QUOTE]

Brian,

I fish for meat, my favorite is walleye at about 2 1/2 lbs, if I happen to catch an 8 lb fish it is a thrill but it is always released. I am also a member of Trout Unlimited, there are many areas that are posted "Catch and Release", only non barbed hooks are permitted.

Folks that hunt and fish legally are stewards to the environmemt, the fees for licenses and memberships that we pay help to restore the natural system. Trout Unlimited has restored the Driftless area in Wisconsin to better than it was many years ago, considered one of the top 100 trout fishing areas in the US at this time.

If you eat beef, pork, poultry or fish I highly recommend that you watch a video called "Food, Inc", even if you are only in the produce section of your local store it will be an eye opener.

To make one thing clear, when the cat killed the baby bunnies I marched down to the owners house and explained what happened, advised that if I saw it in our yard again I would shoot it. After I shot the cat and dug it into the garden I went back to the neighbors and told them to not expect the kitty to come home. They were not happy but they did understand and accepted what I did, Frank, their son was still a good friend of mine.

Heather
    Last edited by Mike Null; 09-09-2010 at 8:47 AM. Reason: language
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.

Blog Entries
    To make one thing clear, when the cat killed the baby bunnies I marched down to the owners house and explained what happened, advised that if I saw it in our yard again I would shoot it. After I shot the cat and dug it into the garden I went back to the neighbors and told them to not expect the kitty to come home. They were not happy but they did understand and accepted what I did, Frank, their son was still a good friend of mine.
    There are a few furry creatures in the area that do not appear to have caring owners (I call them "handlers" as they basically feed the animal and then let it outside for the rest of the time). They looove to leave claw marks on warm hoods. Do you accept bounties?

Heather
    Heather...if I were a girl...I would want to be you.
    I am never wrong.

Blog Entries
    Harold,

You've got it all wrong... just marry someone like her. You can gloat to your friends

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Burrell View Post
    Dude...seriously...
    I don't infuse emotion in the things I write, it's for the most part misunderstood in most circumstances. I leave it to the reader to interpret it anyway they choose. I can assure you though I was quite calm when I wrote that. Everything I said was rational and deliberate. The only place where anyone is wound up is in your head not mine, as that was the interpretation you attached to the post. So I'll give the pill back and say maybe you need it more than I.

Maybe you should try two if you're really feeling uptight.
    Sent from the bathtub on my Samsung Galaxy(C)S5 with waterproof Lifeproof Case(C), and spell check turned off!

Don't even get me started about catch and release. Lets just say, can I come over and throw a piece of meat on a hook to your dog and drag it around by its face simply for my enjoyment. Honestly I promise to be kind and release it after - unharmed...
    Brian,

I fish for meat, my favorite is walleye at about 2 1/2 lbs, if I happen to catch an 8 lb fish it is a thrill but it is always released. I am also a member of Trout Unlimited, there are many areas that are posted "Catch and Release", only non barbed hooks are permitted.

Folks that hunt and fish legally are stewards to the environmemt, the fees for licenses and memberships that we pay help to restore the natural system. Trout Unlimited has restored the Driftless area in Wisconsin to better than it was many years ago, considered one of the top 100 trout fishing areas in the US at this time.

If you eat beef, pork, poultry or fish I highly recommend that you watch a video called "Food, Inc", even if you are only in the produce section of your local store it will be an eye opener.

Heather[/QUOTE]

My point was extremely clear. You became what you "apparently" detest. Would you have killed your dog if it was the one killing the bunnies? Be honest! Ethics and or morals by convenience...

As for hunting and fishing - no one in any developed country needs to do it. They simply like the thrill of the hunt and killing something in the end nothing more. There are far too many alternatives to store bought animal products to justify that excuse. Again morals by convenience.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 09-09-2010 at 8:49 AM. Reason: language

I don't infuse emotion in the things I write, it's for the most part misunderstood in most circumstances. I leave it to the reader to interpret it anyway they choose. I can assure you though I was quite calm when I wrote that. Everything I said was rational and deliberate. The only place where anyone is wound up is in your head not mine, as that was the interpretation you attached to the post. So I'll give the pill back and say maybe you need it more than I.

Maybe you should try two if you're really feeling uptight.
    Oh, well...OK...I'll take the pill back. I live on those things.

Man, I wish I could be more like you. Calm, cool, collected...

I get stressed too easily, it seems.

Funny though...one thing that doesn't seem to bother me is somebody shooting a cat.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love cats. They taste like chicken
    I am never wrong.

As for hunting and fishing - no one in any developed country needs to do it. They simply like the thrill of the hunt and killing something in the end nothing more. There are far too many alternatives to store bought animal products to justify that excuse. Again morals by convenience.
    You do realize that "store bought animal products" come from animals that did not die on their own, right?
    I am never wrong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Burrell View Post
    You do realize that "store bought animal products" come from animals that did not die on their own, right?
    Okay, now you've gone too far. You're ruining my rainbows and unicorns view of the world, Harold. All of this time I thought there were huge "retirement" fields of cows, pigs, etc. surrounded by golf courses, Denny's restaurants, and bingo parlors. When an animal finally kicked the bucket, someone would whisk it away to the slicing & dicing facility for its final rest.

Next you'll tell me the Tooth Fairy is a figment of my imagination or Santa Claus is just an out-of-work plumber in a suit owned by JC Penney's...

As for hunting and fishing - no one in any developed country needs to do it. They simply like the thrill of the hunt and killing something in the end nothing more.
    Having worked in some very poor areas of a couple of states, I can say without question that there are people that need to hunt and fish to live. I can also assure you these people get no pleasure out of killing an animal, they do it to survive and keep their families fed. Having spent time on a farm when I was a kid, with a very dirt poor grandparent, I can tell you he got no pleasure from living like that.

Not everyone lives in the city or has a walmart within miles, or has the ability to get a good education or a good job.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.