Folks, I'd be grateful for a little advice.

Over the last couple of years, I've built up my shop from RIDGID tools. I picked up 2x R4511, 1x TS3660, the jointer, (bandsaw), drill press, planer, and three sanders. I also picked up the RIDGID RAS used.

The bandsaw is in parentheses because I just sold it last night, it didn't last very long as a starter bandsaw. I'll be ordering the G0513P today to replace it. One of the R4511s is on Craigslist to make up the funding.

Now it occurred to me that I really don't need two table saws in my basement shop (the other one was in the garage), especially with the RAS, but perhaps I could do the same scheme to upgrade the jointer if I sold my RIDGID jointer and the other R4511. I think I could get into an 8" Grizzly (~$6-700) for what I could probably sell the pair for.

That would leave me with the TS3660, which I much prefer using over the R4511. The interface between me and the saw is the fence, and the fence on the 3660 is a beauty, where the one on the R4511 is just about adequate. Dust collection on the TS3660 is on a par with the fence on the R4511 though. So I'm thinking of building the Tablesaw/Routing Center from the Wood Magazine plans. Then I'd be back in business with a solid heavy saw and better router station than the simple table I have right now on the wing of the saw. The R4511 has a riving knife of sorts, but to be honest, it isnt much better than the splitter on the 3660.

So folks, am I on the right lines, or should I be doing something else? The bandsaw's a done deal, I'll be calling Mr Grizzly today. But I'm hesitating over listing the other R4511 (and jointer) as it is in theory a better saw than the contractor TS3660. I just didn't find it any better.

Any thoughts, confirmations, or virtual slapping appreciated. Thanks!