Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Replacing Electric Stove with Gas

Well the store manager has pretty much lost faith in them too and has asked me to come in Monday and they are just going to take care of it there. Then if we do get the check he asked that I spend it in his store. I won't buy Whirlpool again but I'd buy another appliance at Home Depot. The new management at our local store and I suspect from above has really turned this store around from a customer service point of view. From his accent I suspect they sent someone from corporate in.

We recently replace our lousy Kenmore (August) with the Whirlpool model
    WFG371LV, and loved it. Burners light right away every time, oven warms up really fast, and the flat top is great for large pots. Then last week the oven refuse to light.

Called the dealer and he gave us the number for the local factory service people. He came out, and I watched as he adjusted the gap on the igniter. Simply bent it slightly with pliers. It's like a spark plug, and if not exactly right from the factory, the heating and cooling causes it to bend enough to make the gap too wide. He informed us that there are only 2 U.S. manufacturers now, making all of the brands, and that there's really no difference in quality until you get to the gourmet/professional stoves that cost $2,000. With the one-year warranty the repair cost nothing, and
    if it happens again after it's up at least I know I can fix it myself.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Hey Matt,
    We live in Oklahoma and suffer ice storms where the electricity goes for quite a while. Our heating system is gas and I have a gas log in the fireplace, teed that line. I had a 1927 gas stove which works rather well. We used to do all our cooking on it. I stuck it in so that when we have an ice storm we use the gas log for heat and the old gas stove to cook. Works well.