Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Table Saw Roller Stand ?????

Table Saw Roller Stand ?????

Hello All,
    Does anyone have a roller stand for there table saw, and if so, what do they think of it compared to a standard, fixed extension table?

Any pro or cons would be greatly appreciated.

I noticed Grizzly has one on sale right now and was looking for others opinions. Here's a link to the one in question.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...campaign=H8875

Thanks,
    Steve Goetz

I've been thinking about one of these also, so I be interested in the thread. My question is how long are they. The ad gives the width 26 or 37 inch wide model but nothing on the length.
    Rich
    ALASKANS FOR GLOBAL WARMING

Eagle River Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Richard McComas View Post
    I've been thinking about one of these also, so I be interested in the thread. My question is how long are they. The ad gives the width 26 or 37 inch wide model but nothing on the length.

I would say they are in the 32" range, give or take and inch. First they are designed to fold down and cabinet saws are in the 34-35" table height, second if you look in the catalog and see it folded down it is clear that it is a couple of inches shorter than the height of the table above the floor of what looks like a 1023.

I have a contractor table saw and as yet haven't come up with a satisfactory table extension for it yet. Thus I bought an adjustable height single roller stand from Sears IIRC a few years ago. It works. I'm not crazy about it but it works.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

near San Diego: unincorporated section of county
    I have a similar HTC roller extension on my PM-66. It has 3 rollers side to side and is about 35" wide by 30" long. It serves well except for really big items (like ripping an 8' sheet of ply) in which case I add another roller stand or two behind it.

James

near San Diego: unincorporated section of county
    forgot the cons:
    1. it interferes a bit with the original 4" dust port (have to remove the flex hose to fold it down.
    2. I manage to bang my head on it almost every time I connect or remove the flex hose.

James

My zipcode saw came with a fold down extension table. It wasn't the sturdiest looking thing, but never gave me a bit of trouble for five years.

The SawStop I just got had an option for an extension table, but it doesn't fold. Since my outfeed area is where I park the Jeep at night I would have to remove it and reinstall it all the time.

I bought the Delta stands a few months back when Tools-Plus had a 2 for 1 sale. I'm glad I have them, but they are not as convenient as a folding out feed.

I've got the bigger HTC unit on my PM66. Despite a few installation hassles it's been well worth the cost. I love not having to level and align roller stands to the TS every time I roll the saw out for use. Just flip up the table and go. I'm not sure I'd like that narrower one you linked to as much though.
    Use the fence Luke

H8875 26" Outfeed Roller
    I bought this unit earlier this year when I say it on sale I think it is great I have it on my 1023 left tilt. Even in the down position the first roller supports your work piece. Installation was straight forward no issues.
    Thank You
    Ed

table saw roller stand

I have had one for a few years....don't use it anymore. Aggravating to set up properly,and way too easy to tip over in my opinion! I built an extension/
    out feed table for the saw....works 10times easier and I like it a whole lot better!Most of the commercially available roller stands are about 15" to 18" in width,"ok" for some uses...but not what I like. I think that if most of these stands had a heavier,wider, more stable base they would be used more than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Heffner View Post
    I have had one for a few years....don't use it anymore. Aggravating to set up properly,and way too easy to tip over in my opinion! I built an extension/
    out feed table for the saw....works 10times easier and I like it a whole lot better!Most of the commercially available roller stands are about 15" to 18" in width,"ok" for some uses...but not what I like. I think that if most of these stands had a heavier,wider, more stable base they would be used more than they are.
    Maybe I'm missing something. How do you tip it over if it's bolted to the saw? It does bolt to the saw doesn't' it? The ad says 26'' or 37'' wide. Are we talking about the same type or roller setup?
    Rich

Eagle River Alaska

My cabinet saw is in a fixed location and I had room for an extension table so I built one. I love it and it makes handling large pieces of wood so much easier. I am glad that I do not have to adjust roller stands.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by James Baker SD View Post
    I have a similar HTC roller extension on my PM-66. It has 3 rollers side to side and is about 35" wide by 30" long. It serves well except for really big items (like ripping an 8' sheet of ply) in which case I add another roller stand or two behind it.

James
    I talked to HTC a couple month ago. I was told they no longer offer the wider model.
    Rich

Eagle River Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Richard McComas View Post
    I talked to HTC a couple month ago. I was told they no longer offer the wider model.
    Appears to be 1 left in stock on Amazon if you're still interested
    http://www.amazon.com/HTC-HOR-1038U-.../dp/B00002263L
    Use the fence Luke

If you aren't going to build an outfeed table and need something that is compact when stored I like roller stands like these:

http://www.woodcraft.com/Catalog/Pro...d-f7154a1b0e66

You can move them around and use them for infeed and/or outfeed tables on any machine.