Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Table Saw Roller Stand ?????

I have an outfeed table and use a Record brand folding roller stand too. Works fine for the small, long stuff.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    If you aren't going to build an outfeed table and need something that is compact when stored I like roller stands like these:

http://www.woodcraft.com/Catalog/Pro...d-f7154a1b0e66

You can move them around and use them for infeed and/or outfeed tables on any machine.
    Thanks for that link. That may be a better option for me. I only really need support when I ripping plywood in the 8 foot direction.
    Rich
    ALASKANS FOR GLOBAL WARMING

Eagle River Alaska

Thanks everyone for the ideas and thoughts. I'm still in the planing stages and it looks like a built, fixed extension table is better if room allows. I have a 24x32 pole barn that will soon be dedicated (hopefully) to woodworking.

If one was to build a extension table, how big should it be?? I would be attaching it to a delta 10" cabinet saw with 52" unifence.

Thanks again for the suggestions,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Richard McComas View Post
    Thanks for that link. That may be a better option for me. I only really need support when I ripping plywood in the 8 foot direction.

You are welcome. Be aware that Grizzly and a lot of other places sell similar ones and WC may not be the best price, it was just the quickest link for me to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Goetz View Post
    ......If one was to build a extension table, how big should it be?? I would be attaching it to a delta 10" cabinet saw with 52" unifence....
    Assuming you have the room - and it certainly sounds like you will - I think something on the order of 56"+ past the end of the saw blade. This will let you rip 8' material, and not reach the "tipping point" when the work exits the blade-you can rip it, and let it sit there as the saw spins down, without worrying about gravity. Then, on the occasions when you are running longer stock, a couple of those portable roller assemblies can be placed to carry the leading end of the stock.

And, if I had the room [I don't] I would make it so there was a large rectangle formed by the saw, the 52" biese extension, and the outfeed. Place to store WIP, big surface for assembly, etc.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Assuming you have the room - and it certainly sounds like you will - I think something on the order of 56"+ past the end of the saw blade. This will let you rip 8' material, and not reach the "tipping point" when the work exits the blade-you can rip it, and let it sit there as the saw spins down, without worrying about gravity. Then, on the occasions when you are running longer stock, a couple of those portable roller assemblies can be placed to carry the leading end of the stock.

And, if I had the room [I don't] I would make it so there was a large rectangle formed by the saw, the 52" biese extension, and the outfeed. Place to store WIP, big surface for assembly, etc.
    Thanks Kent....Sounds like what I will probably do. I should have enough room to make it that deep. Not sure until I get everything out of there that doesn't need to be there.

Steve

...... Not sure until I get everything out of there that doesn't need to be there.........
    If it is not part of the process to make sawdust or shavings, it goes.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

In general, the free-standing type roller stands suck OUT LOUD!

Seriously though, they're tippy as Hell and a pain in the ass.

Go for a fixed or flip-down extension table of some sort. Much better way to go.

Jason

Hello All,
    Does anyone have a roller stand for there table saw, and if so, what do they think of it compared to a standard, fixed extension table?

Any pro or cons would be greatly appreciated.

I noticed Grizzly has one on sale right now and was looking for others opinions. Here's a link to the one in question.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...campaign=H8875

Thanks,
    Steve Goetz

Quote Originally Posted by Jason White View Post

Go for a fixed or flip-down extension table of some sort. Much better way to go.

Jason

The single or triple roller ones are down right dangerous at times, the larger fixed or extendable ones on 4 legs or rollers like I linked to are very solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason White View Post

Jason
    Couldn't have stated that better myself.

The single roller freestandings ones can actually be hazardous when ripping very long stock by allowing the board to migrate laterally.

I made a solid fold down out feed table out of scrap, a couple of hinges and some folding legs. Also doubles as a work area.
    Maurice