Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Festool dust extractors--will old model bags still be available?

New Festool dust extractors--will old model bags still be available?

I have a CT 22E, and I see that on October 1, Festool will release their newest model of dust extractor with a newly designed fleece bag. Does anybody know if the bags for the older models like mine will still be manufactured and available?

Here's hoping.

Also, Happy Labor Day, everybody!

I saw new model in catalog....what changed? I guess slightly higher capacity bags?

I can't imagine they would give up the profit of their high priced bags for the older units, but if they do, then maybe someone else would take it up and we could pay reasonable prices? I doubt that would ever happen either.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Blick View Post
    I saw new model in catalog....what changed? I guess slightly higher capacity bags?
    The main differences I saw were the fleece bags and a hose caddy that sits on top. I think there was something on there about a different kind of filter, too. The new bags are designed to collapse when suction stops so that whatever's glommed onto them will be dislodged.

I'd like to have the hose caddy for mine, but it seems too expensive for what I'd get.

I'd prefer keeping a hose in a systainer atop the ct22. This way you retain the flat top to lay the saw or other tools while working.

the hose caddy was just an option b4, now it comes with the unit, right? I have the hose caddy, so I must have bought it as an option.

the mech. specs seemed identical...

Quote Originally Posted by Will Blick View Post
    the hose caddy was just an option b4, now it comes with the unit, right? I have the hose caddy, so I must have bought it as an option.

the mech. specs seemed identical...
    On the old ones the hose caddy was a fairly pricy option. Maybe I'm cheap?

The owner of our local Woodcraft store said they had to keep the parts for the old ones for seven years, which I assume means bags too. I don't think he was excited about it - it is extra inventory he has to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Jensen View Post
    The owner of our local Woodcraft store said they had to keep the parts for the old ones for seven years, which I assume means bags too....
    Yes, that's right. Festool have already commented on this issue, seven years at a minimum.

The new CT26 and CT36 has the new fleece bags and the built-in hose garage (caddy) as was already mentioned, they also have a smaller and more power turbine that produces more suction. HEPA filter still standard. And a number of other small improvements.

Festool claims to have replacement parts going back to the 50s. This is a well run company!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

This is good to know, because I don;t want to start hoarding bags and I expect my $500 vac to last a lot longer than seven years!

Brice and Roger are correct - minimum 7 years for parts.

Bob
    bob m

Good to know, everybody! Thanks for the info.

A had emailed Festool to see if the new bags would be available for the older machines. The folks in that area have requested them, but have not yet gotten a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Overton View Post
    A had emailed Festool to see if the new bags would be available for the older machines. The folks in that area have requested them, but have not yet gotten a response.
    If you are asking if the old extractors will also be getting the new fleece bags. Festool has already addressed this question, the answer is no the old vacs will continue to use the paper style bags.