Thread: Keetonish brown mallee form

Blog Entries
    Wow, that is sweet!
    Have a Nice Day!

Beautiful piece David!!

Wow,
    Superb!!

Very nice...great work.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

very, very nice

David,
    You are on a roll my man...on fire! Looks as good as anything I've seen! Ready to quit the day job?
    mj

Blog Entries
    Great work David, this piece looks great. Your steeker upper and your holder upper are superb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tom

Turning comes easy to some folks .... wish I was one of them

and only 958 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf

Great looking piece!

Very delicate looking, David. Extremely nice job.

This is nice! Really like the pedestal - it's very delicate! Very good detail work on both pedestal and finial.

Just a personal observation (opinion), but I feel the onion of a finial should be slightly smaller than the onion/bulb on the pedestal. When a finial is larger, it tends to make the piece slightly top-heavy. As mentioned, that's just an opinion.

Very nice wood combination and finish. I keep coming back to the pedestal... nice design - especially the small foot.

Very nice work David!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Thanks to everyone for commenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael James View Post
    David,
    You are on a roll my man...on fire! Looks as good as anything I've seen! Ready to quit the day job?
    mj
    I think I'll stick with the day job for a while. I'm definitely better at that than I am at turning.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    This is nice! Really like the pedestal - it's very delicate! Very good detail work on both pedestal and finial.

Just a personal observation (opinion), but I feel the onion of a finial should be slightly smaller than the onion/bulb on the pedestal. When a finial is larger, it tends to make the piece slightly top-heavy. As mentioned, that's just an opinion.

Very nice wood combination and finish. I keep coming back to the pedestal... nice design - especially the small foot.

Very nice work David!
    Thank you, Steve. I agree with you about the onion on the finial. Keith Burns made a similar comment on the WoodturnersAmerica site. I agree with you both, but alas, I'm too lazy to turn another. I very much appreciate the feedback... I find critical comments to be the most helpful in advancing my turning.

David, you keep on cranking out the winners! This is really really nice and makes me want to order some Mallee to copy this form! Great job, as usual.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

That is a very beautiful piece.
    "We are only limited by our own imagination."

11. That is a spectacular piece that you've created. It's amazing that from an ugly lump of wood this jewel emerged with your skilled hand. Well done.

SPECTACULAR..Gorgeous delicate just wonderful

Makes me want to turn more!

David, I have been so busy with the other things I do that I have had little time to get on the lathe and really so some fancy work! Between you, John, and many others I feel like I have abandoned my passion for turning! I do have some bigger BL walnut bowls to post later today, but the are pretty boring compared to these wonderful works you have been turning out!

Thanks for sharing,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

wow!

Is it just me or does this "style" of turning just exude class and elegance?

Nice job!
    "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy" -Red Green