Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modern windsor chair

I really like your adaptation of the Windsor type chair. Very nice work!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Chair stuff

Kevin, yes the seat is two pieces. I generally use one piece for side to side seats and two piece for front to back grain seats.

Hi Sean.
    It's a comfortable chair. The bent "lumbar support" spindles add alot of comfort. For me comfort is the Holy Grail of chairmaking, I may never be totally satisfied. It's also subjective. My wife thinks that this one is the best, but I kind of prefer the continuous arm chair. I also make an extreme slouching chair that you can fall asleep in.

Thank you everyone for the comments.
    -Brian

Brian,
    There's not much more I can add that hasn't already been said, but I need to add my congratulations on a great project. I love your new look at the traditional, and your execution is really wonderful.

Thanks for showing
    Hans
    "There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in"

Very nice work Brian.
    tom

Very nice. I like it. I wouldn't mind having one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Millspaw View Post
    Kevin, yes the seat is two pieces. I generally use one piece for side to side seats and two piece for front to back grain seats.

Hi Sean.
    It's a comfortable chair. The bent "lumbar support" spindles add alot of comfort. For me comfort is the Holy Grail of chairmaking, I may never be totally satisfied. It's also subjective. My wife thinks that this one is the best, but I kind of prefer the continuous arm chair. I also make an extreme slouching chair that you can fall asleep in.

Thank you everyone for the comments.
    -Brian
    I'd agree, Brian. My wife and I went to San Francisco this summer and made it to the Thos. Moser showroom there. While I loved looking at all the pieces my wife was absolutely taken with the comfort of the chairs. She couldn't get over how pleasing they were to sit in.
    Great job on your chair. I can't really add anything to what has already been said but well done!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

a VERY NICE chair, indeed !
    MARK

Nobody said how super cool this chair is. Nice job. Super cool! Too nice to be a beach chair though.

I do find photos of indoor furniture in an outdoor setting a little funny

Beautimous!

Very whimsical, I like how it has character already with the bandaid on the seat. Cool.

Very cool looking modern Windsor.. Very nice

Im not much of a woodworker, my main interest here is the woodturning section, but that chair is a piece of art. WOW. Incredible craftsmanship and design. Sam Maloof would be proud of that chair. My compliments and sincere admiration for your skills.

Dan