Thread: Now that I can pronounce riving - what's a BORG?

Now that I can pronounce riving - what's a BORG?

Since one question I always wanted answered has been, I thought I would ask the other. I know it refers to HD and Lowes, but what do the initials stand for? Of course, there are many more to come.....
    Take off a full blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/2 blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/4 blade - How the H--- can it be 1/4" short????

This one's a bit of a dual answer. Borg as in the Star Trek baddie that assimilates its enemy.

BORG as in Big Orange Retail Giant - Home Depot. Blowes gets tarnished by default too.

Also names of places in Iceland, Norway, Antartica and Egypt.

Resistence is futile...

Can also mean "Big 'ole Retail Giant"

or just "Big ORanGe"

To me it means "do not enter"!

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Waara View Post
    Since one question I always wanted answered has been, I thought I would ask the other. I know it refers to HD and Lowes, but what do the initials stand for? Of course, there are many more to come.....

Guess everyone has a different answer. As one said the Borg were from Star Trek and the ship they flew around in was a Big Cube/Box assimilating everything. So to me the reference for Borg is a Big Box Store that sucks you in and assimilates you.

Ray

Or assimilates every locally owned hardware store in town!

However, there is a plus side to the Borg. Yes, I am speaking of the best Borg ever - good old Seven of Nine. Or as my friend used to call her, Two of Two.

Quote Originally Posted by David Helm View Post
    To me it means "do not enter"!
    Not necessarily true for me, like it once was. Lowe's dimensional lumber is actually the highest quality that I can round up, including all the local lumber wholesalers. Retail pricing has it priced well above the wholesale yards, but they will gladly price match my lowest supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Karachio View Post
    Or assimilates every locally owned hardware store in town!

However, there is a plus side to the Borg. Yes, I am speaking of the best Borg ever - good old Seven of Nine. Or as my friend used to call her, Two of Two.

If seven of nine worked at my local Borg they would get more of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quinn View Post
    If seven of nine worked at my local Borg they would get more of my business.
    That's the only way they would get my business. She would have to be a local though.

BORG stands for my ex-mother-in-law.