Thread: Hi, and some Grizzly 2005 prices are out

Hi, and some Grizzly 2005 prices are out

Hi, my first time posting here. I found this site helpful in researching tools, so I thought I would share this here.

I was in a Barnes and Noble bookstore yesterday morning, and of course looked at woodworking magazines. For some reason, the "February 2005" issue of "Woodwork" magazine is already out, and has the typical Grizzly ad on the first two pages - with the 2005 prices! The ones I wrote down are up 10-15%, see below.

I wrote down a few, since I was planning to order a G1023SL saw and G1018HW jointer later in the day (I did, at the '04 prices). I guess this is a gloat - I am fortunate that my wife is very generous with my hobby. Oh yeah, I also am using some Christmas money to get the Makita 2012NB planer! Ordered yesterday... (Now that I'm done with endless review-reading and window shopping, I should probably MAKE something!)

Here are the '05 prices I wrote down - I didn't have much time, and have no other prices:

G1023SLX = $1295, was $1125 - increase of $170, 15%
    (SLX = the SL saw with 7' rails and extension table)

G1018/G1018HW = $765, was $695, increase of $70, 10%
    G0500 = $875, was $795, increase of $80, 10%

Shipping price on these 3 machines for '05 was the same as they have been charging recently, $78 flat rate.

There was no price in the ad for any other version of the "1023" cabinet saw - only the "G1023SLX" version.

When I ordered my saw and jointer yesterday, the G1023SLX was backordered, but the G1023SL and separate 7' rails were all in stock. The G1018HW jointer was also in stock. Or at least they were mid-afternoon yesterday.

In talking to my wife, I had mentioned the price increase expected in 2005 as the main reason why I wanted to get these now. I am glad I had started that discussion a few weeks ago - once I saw these price hikes today I quickly got the "ok" to place the order.

Best of luck to you all,
    Dave

Thanks for the info! It helps convince LOML!!
    Jerry

Hi Dave -

Welcome to the Creek. A great place to hang out.

Thanks for the heads up on the Grizzly stuff. Lots of folks here will be pulling the trigger on their orders.

Ted

Welcome to the 'Creek Dave! Thanks for the info!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Thx Dave, at least they warned us it was coming.
    Welcome to the creek too. Always like to see more Minnesotans sign up
    Better to keep silent and be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

The new tools arrive Friday, per the freight company's website. They offer lift gate service, so it will be just my appliance cart (600lb cap) the driver and I. I will have a bit of cash if it proves necessary to "hire" the driver for 5-10 minutes... Once the mobile bases arrive & are assembled, I'll have some helpers come over to help lift them aboard. Here's hoping all the forklift drivers were careful!

G1079 16" sander is my next baby !!!!!! Yes, my wife buys all my new toys !!!

..................................I'm a Blessed man..................................

I checked the magazines at the local Barnes&Noble after reading the above. The price on the 'Ultimate Band Saw' G0555 goes up $50 so I ordered mine TODAY!! I think of it (and explained it to LOML) as a free riser block kit if I order today.