Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Router Purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Sorry Bill, but unless you are talking about a diffrent router you are incorrect. The this has what they call a router table base...

I used it freehand but the guy showed me the base and talked about above table movement.
    I am talking about the new MR23EVS, it has a set of connectors on the side of the motor that connects to the switch on the handle.

You may be able to use the base on a table but using it in a Woodpecker or Jessem lift I don't see how it would work. First it would have to fit and I don't see how it would and then there is the contacts for the switch.

I have not had one in my hand but from what I have see it would be a problem with a lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
    I am talking about the new MR23EVS, it has a set of connectors on the side of the motor that connects to the switch on the handle.

You may be able to use the base on a table but using it in a Woodpecker or Jessem lift I don't see how it would work. First it would have to fit and I don't see how it would and then there is the contacts for the switch.

I have not had one in my hand but from what I have see it would be a problem with a lift.
    I didn't get the impression he wanted to use it in a lift just in a table, just an all in one "kit". I didn't look at it with interest about putting it in a lift since I think production motors when I think lift. So it may have lift issues but will work at least as well as the 1617 in a table by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    I didn't get the impression he wanted to use it in a lift just in a table, just an all in one "kit". I didn't look at it with interest about putting it in a lift since I think production motors when I think lift. So it may have lift issues but will work at least as well as the 1617 in a table by itself.
    True he didn't say anything about a lift but I wanted to point it out. When I got my 1617 I had no thought of ever getting a lift and now that I have one I couldn't think of using my router table with out a lift.

So I guess it is just one of those things to think about for the future.

All 3 of those are good routers. The MW is built like a tank, has an excellent plunger, and is very comfortable to use. The wood handles on the Bosch are nice, and it's well made, but it requires an adapter for accessories...the plunge base is good. The FT1700 has excellent above table features and is my "go to" table router. The plunger on the Freud isn't as smooth as the MW or Bosch, but it's the only one of those 3 that offers the above table features. I have an excellent MW5625 for table use also, but I typically choose the FT1700 for convenience.

Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Thanks for the input, I went with the Milwaukee I liked the feel of it better.