Thread: A good fence under $200 for 14" bandsaw?

A good fence under $200 for 14" bandsaw?

I have the original fence on my 14" Delta/Rockwell band saw (made in 1950s)
    and never liked it. It's too heavy and pretty hard to adjust precisely.
    What fence under $200 would you guys recommend?

This is the one I have and really like it, it comes off easy and goes back on just as easy.
    It is easy to adjust and stays put when you set it.

Kreg Bandsaw fence

http://www.woodcraft.com/Catalog/Pro...4-62c5cab39d60

I also bought a Kreg for a 14" Rockwell bandsaw. No complaints.

3 for 3. I also have the Kreg fence for my PM 14" with riser. Plusses to me, Kreg quality, many parts that you can attach, like a tall ripping fence. I've ripped 8" maple on it, and it seemed solid enough. You can get "better", but I think this fence is a real good deal.

Just my $0.02.

I cursed the stock fence on my Delta for years, and then I got the Kreg. Now I wonder why I didn't do it sooner.
    Paul

Grizzly makes an excellent fence for their band saws. It's standard on the extreme model and is available by itself for $130 to $150. You'd have to call Grizzly for your application.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Re-S...55-G0570/H7587

For roughly the same price you can get the Kreg at Amazon.

Kreg - works fine.
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Delpizzo View Post
    Grizzly makes an excellent fence for their band saws. It's standard on the extreme model and is available by itself for $130 to $150. You'd have to call Grizzly for your application.
    I have the Grizzly fence on my G0457 and the Kreg fence on my Ridgid. The Grizzly fence has one drawback over the Kreg. The way the fence is designed, you cant mount it to the right of the blade. This is helpful at times when you tilt the table and want to knock off the edges of a square blank to make your job easier at the lathe. This is the only drawback I have found to the Grizzly fence.

Carter has a new fence, called the Magfence that looks interesting, check it out...

http://www.carterproducts.com/produc...=474&cat_id=75
    Last edited by Lance Norris; 09-08-2010 at 11:04 PM.
    My favorite cologne is BLO

I would get the Kreg BUT the Carter Magfence has a LOT of uses around the shop...

I got the Kreg and love it

Looks like Magfence needs to be realigned every time you use it. Not a good thing.

I have this Jet fence on my bandsaw. It's pretty basic, but works well. It can be lifted off and from any position and works on either side of the blade.

http://www.amazon.com/Jet-708718R-Fe...4037442&sr=8-1

13. Lots of luck if you are calling Grizzley's tech support line at 570-546-9663. I've tried for three days after customer support told me to call them about a cross referenced part number for my guide bearings on the G0555 14" bandsaw. Any suggestions how I can get through. So far it is always busy. That is after twenty to thirty calls in a row for three days. This is the number customer support gave me and I even called them back to make sure.