Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dust collection on a router table.

Blog Entries
    I included dust collection when I built my router table enclosure. Sloping the floor toward the suction port helps. You also have to insure that the air inlets are large enough so that you don't starve the suction. You can't pull air from a closed box with a dust collector. Dust collection is all about air flow.

I only sloped the floor of my enclosure one direction (toward the back) so I have some dead zones where the sawdust accumulates in each back corner. Still it is better than having sawdust all over the floor.

Also be aware that the majority of the saw dust will come off above the table top so you need surface dust collection as well.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I integrated the dust collection into the torsion box underneath of the phenolic top piece. The router table itself then technically has the whole capacity of the 6" ducting should the need arise. It works excellently. I hated routing previously because of the dust, but now it's one of my favorite things to do since it's so clean.

See attached pic for idea. Mine is mounted into my extension table, but the idea could be tweaked all the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I actually have the room to mount the dust collection port directly underneath of the router right in the middle of the floor so I am going to look at doing that tomorrow.