Thread: Searching for Hardware

Searching for Hardware

Hey all,

It's been a while since visiting, hope everyone is doing well.

I'm looking for some hardware options for putting a small railing on the front of a bookshelf shelf.
    Not really the direction I want to go from a design perspective, but this is for the LOML, and, well, you know how that goes.

Anyway, part of my problem is I don't even know what the proper search verbiage would be. I Googled "brass shelf rail" (along with a lot of other stuff). I actually found a very close example of what is in my head.

I figured I would stop by the kind folks of SMC and see if you all could point me in the right direction.

The picture below has a railing on the shelf. I'm looking to do something like this on the shelves I am making. I don't know that the ends needs to turn back, then down, the way they do in this example, my "mind vision" was just a couple of vertical posts on each end with some brass dowel spanning between them.

Anyway, if you have some better search verbiage for me to use, or have some suggestions on sources for stuff like this, that would be awesome.. thank you

fledgling weekend warrior

I'd browse Rockler, Lee Valley, and Van Dyke's sites. I bet you'll find something there.

Van Dykes was the ticket.

And I guess the term I was not familiar with was "gallery"

Thank you.
    fledgling weekend warrior

Call Rockler and request a free catalog. If its made, they will have it. The catalog has good pics of their hardware and this is a great help.