Thread: Game Day

Game Day

Early morning reflection and remembrance of those lost on and after 9/11 (which will continue throughout the day) - check

Beer - check
    Wine - check
    Steaks - check
    Rice Pilaf - okay, I still have to make that
    Asparagus and baby carrots for roasting - check
    Game snacks - check
    GA Shirt - check

College football all afternoon and evening - big check!

I love game day. The only thing left to do is say a heartfelt THANK YOU to those who risk their lives every day so that I can have a day like this one. So, thanks! Life IS GOOD! Go Dawgs! Go 'Bama! Go FSU!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Blog Entries
    Go LSU Tigers.

Belinda - you forgot your Steve Superior Voodoo Doll with rusty nails for the pins.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

I am going to utah-UNLV. When a friend offered to take me I was reluctant with all the good games on TV, but that is what iphone is for.

Nebraska vs. Idaho (yawn)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Newby View Post
    Nebraska vs. Idaho (yawn)

GO BIG RED!!!

I have my tickets for Oct. 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Belinda - you forgot your Steve Superior Voodoo Doll with rusty nails for the pins.
    No, Kent, I did not . . . I just didn't want to let everyone know of my evil intentions. Steve Spurrier doll is at the ready, all implements of torture are in place, 31 minutes until I initiate the GO sequence.

Peanuts boiling - check!

A good day in my world is any day that Spurrier or Florida lose! Preferably both! SIC 'EM!!!!

I normally don't cook on a game day as we usually spend the day at Hooters. Can you believe I couldn't find a single one of the gang that wanted to go to Hooters today? What is up with that!?!? They all wanted to go to TailGate . . . a nice enough place but so smoke filled that after a day of rootin' for my team at the top of my lungs and inhaling all that second hand smoke I lose my voice for a couple of days. A blessing to some, a curse to others as my melodious voice cannot grace their ears. Sounding like a cross between Kathleen Turner and Kathy Ireland isn't something just anyone can pull off . . .

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    No, Kent, I did not . . . I just didn't want to let everyone know of my evil intentions. Steve Spurrier doll is at the ready, all implements of torture are in place, 31 minutes until I initiate the GO sequence.

Peanuts boiling - check!

Memo to Self: Get new Spurrier Voodoo Doll. Old one worn out.

Ouuuuch.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

go vols!!!!
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Memo to Self: Get new Spurrier Voodoo Doll. Old one worn out.

Ouuuuch.
    Ditto that Kent! That one hurt!

Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Ditto that Kent! That one hurt!

As we have discussed off-line: FIDO.

I have to admit, our Washington Husky's and Jake Locker put a pretty good whomping on Syracuse.

I doubt that the Seahawks will do the same tomorrow when the 49ers come to town.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Yeah, I'll say it . . . .

Go Blue!

I wonder if they will keep up the momentum. The offensive line is playing better, and the new QB seems to be working out (although I wonder if he can keep up the level of play for the entire season). They need to work on their kickers, though.

Cheers,

Chris
    If you only took one trip to the hardware store, you didn't do it right.

As we have discussed off-line: FIDO.
    Tough to do, Kent, when every game counts. At least 'Bama won . . . ROLL TIDE!

Bella Terra