Thread: Which magazine had these plans

Which magazine had these plans

Just before I had surgery in April, a magazine published plans for a rooftop cupola. At least I think so. The only two I get are Fine Woodworking and Fine Homebuilding and the obvious one it would have been in was Fine Homebuilding. But, I have searched high and low around the house and can't locate the article in either magazine. Beginning to believe I either dreamed this or the surgery has made me senile. If anyone knows where I saw this I sure would like to know. Not the least for peace of mind
    thanks, Mike
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Could this plan from the NYW be what you are thinking of?

Cupola - Item #9807
    http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct.php?9807

Thanks for link Paul. That wasn't it but appreciate the information. I guess I give up looking for the magazine article. I can only suppose I dreamed the whole thing. Mind is going fast

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

I get Fine Woodworking and I dont remember seeing anything about a rooftop cupola.

Might it be,

"Captivating Cupola." Wood Sept. 2000: Page 49

Redheads are like other women – only more so

Family Handyman maybe?

I just googled this link up to a .pdf of cupola plans:

http://www.rd.com/images/offer/fh/pr...tiveCupola.pdf

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weber View Post
    Thanks for link Paul. That wasn't it but appreciate the information. I guess I give up looking for the magazine article. I can only suppose I dreamed the whole thing. Mind is going fast
    You probably did dream it. I do that all the time. The only cupola I can think of recently is the show NYW did. I think it may have also been in This Old House magazine, but I'm not sure.
    "I may be slow, but I'm expensive."

Thanks to all that replied with info and links.
    Captivating Cupola." Wood ..... That was it. Thanks Brad. Let me explain that I had bypass surgery in April just before I saw these plans and I am going to conviently use that as an excuse why I firmly believed it was in a magazine from this year. Not sure my mind is fully functional yet nor am I sure why I was looking at a 10 year old magazine.