Thread: New York here I Come

New York here I Come

I will be visiting Nigra Falls next week and I was wondering if there was any woodworking shops in that area that I should visit while I am there. I was also wondering if there was anyoone in thaqt area that could show me some tricks.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ainge View Post
    I will be visiting Nigra Falls next week... if there was anyoone in thaqt area that could show me some tricks.
    Be wary of anyone who wants to show their stave work upclose less of course you don't mind a wild wet bumpy ride.

You might look up Eugen Schlaak, who lives there. He's quite a production turner from what I've seen. I'd surely love to meet him and spend an hour or two with him in his shop.
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Ron, I can't help you with any turners in the falls area but just wanted to say that while visiting the falls, go on the maid of the mist and do the cave of the winds tour. I live about 2 hours from the falls and have been there many times over the years but had never done those two things until a couple of years ago. They were the most amazing attractions. You get a perspective of the falls like no other! Also get some good wings while you're in the Buffalo area. Enjoy your stay in New York!

Niagara Falls

The best views of the Falls is on the Canadian side, but you will need a passport or enhanced driver's license to cross into Canada.

Thanks for the replys, We do have the pasports and plan to see a bit of Canada while we are there. My wife has several sight seeing things to do and I will tell her about the suggestions you all have given me.