Thread: Aauugghhhh

Aauugghhhh

I have been trying to cut some sheets of wood. I put in my settings as 10 or 20 speed and 100 power. If I make a straight line to cut, it flies and will not cut through (1/4 inch). If I make a box, it slows down and cuts through. I then made some odd shapes and it just goes so fast and will not cut through. I tried a small box and it wouldn't cut through again. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.
    100 pwr
    10 sp
    500 frequency
    It moves at lightening speed.
    Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks
    Tim
    Tim Baude
    Legends Awards & Custom Engraving
    Epilog Helix 24, 45w, CorelDRAW X4

Hi Tim...

Are the lines that are failing to cut "hairline", or some other width?
    Jim Coffee
    James Coffee Studios
    Epilog 24TT, 45W, Nikon D7100, Corel Draw, PhotoShop CC, Lightroom CC, etc.
    Escondido, CA

if it's moving at rapid speeds even though you set the speed to 10% it sounds as though it is rapid traveling from point to point and ignoring the lines. In Corel, make sure the lines do not have arrowheads applied. They won't be visible at hairline size on closed paths and cause odd "on-and-off" pulsated cutting. You may want to post a file that gives you this error.
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

If your using color mapping for the cuts make sure the colors are true. I found this out the other day. Use RGB colors and make use they are 255 setting. I had to change all the red lines on some drawings as they were not true red but were set at like 218 red 25 blue and 50 yellow or something like that. If not a true color the laser will go with the default setting.
    rich

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
    Tim,

I tend to agree with Rich's thoughts. The only logical explanation is Color Mapping is turned on and overriding your default vector settings(?).
    Roy Brewer[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog/Control Laser/Roland engravers/Xenetech

I think so too, either the color mapping or what Jim already mentionend - the thickness of the lines. In my driver, red lines are for vector cutting - but if I have a red line which is not a hairline it won't cut either, so it seems only hairlines are cut.

Andrea

Who wants to hear the bells must pull the rope
    Wer die Glocken hören will muss am Seil ziehen

Thank you all..... For some reason I was color mapping as I always do, using red as my cut. Had the settings set but would not seem to use the right speed. Moved everything back to black and used the first page of driver to decide on speed, power, etc. and worked great. The red has worked for everything else I have ever done. Not sure why it would not work in this application.

Once again thank you for all the help. Everyone here is just great and always a big help. You are all the best.
    Thanks
    Tim
    Tim Baude
    Legends Awards & Custom Engraving
    Epilog Helix 24, 45w, CorelDRAW X4

Hi Tim
    I had the same problem that's how I found it. Red had always worked in color mapping but some how it changed and was not a true red. I called Epilog about it and they said the red file might be messed up and to use the RGB colors and make sure it is a true (255) red. so have been changing all my drawings as I use them and no more problems.
    rich

Blog Entries
    If your using Corel, are you using the custom color palette that only has the correct colors on it?