Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: These are My People

These are My People

I just about split my sides watching this! If you need any instructon in understanding Southern, here you go . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1NsC98xVN0

I've actually been to Nawuth, South Carolina.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Blog Entries
    Who's on first?
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I drove through a Taco Bell for a fast lunch.

3 times....... no comprede. I finally had to drive to the window to see (SEE) that she was asking me if I wanted hot or mild sauce and a hard or soft shell for my "tacaoooowwwww?"
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Being a Canadian, and occasionally finding myself in many of the states, you do notice that there is a definite difference in both the lingo and the many regional accents. It took a while for me to pick up the various cultural and verbal variances.. Every thing from Yawannasac (translation: would you like a bag to put your purchase in?) to "Ya have a nice one" (I do, but How did she know??). I spent a half hour in a Kentucky truck stop, having fun by trying to get the pretty young thing to say Apple Pie and not Ayaple Pie.. She could not do it.. And, a word of warning for other Canadians, Never order Chips and Gravy you probably won't expect, or like what you'll get .. To most of us here, your all from the south, even the ones that live in the 30% of the U.S that's further north than I am, which is most of the Northern Border States
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

If any have traveled I-75/71 past the Florence Mall in Ky have seen the water tower.
    A major, northern KY landmark. In 1974, the message on the water
    tower read "Florence Mall", this in anticipation of the shopping center
    being built next to it. However, this violated some state statute, so
    the " M " was hastily made into a " Y' ". It was never changed back
    to its original form.

http://mall-hall-of-fame.blogspot.co...-landmark.html

"Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Belinda,

Why, it makes perfect sense to me....

-Jerry

(Hope you are doing fine!)

Quote Originally Posted by jerry nazard View Post
    Belinda,

Why, it makes perfect sense to me....

-Jerry

(Hope you are doing fine!)
    Having been to North, and Due West, and Traveler's Rest, etc., it makes perfect sense to me also.

I'm fine thanks, and hope you are the same.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

I love "yawl git chewa"... as in "you will need to obtain a..."

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Having been to North, and Due West, and Traveler's Rest, etc., it makes perfect sense to me also.

I'm fine thanks, and hope you are the same.
    Funny, but my wife is from North Dakota, and they pronounce North as "Nort". No one out there has a clue what "NowAth" is. Yah, you-bet-ja... Darn tootin'....

Eh?

Regards, Rod.

Funny, but my wife is from North Dakota, and they pronounce North as "Nort". No one out there has a clue what "NowAth" is. Yah, you-bet-ja... Darn tootin'....
    My son (NJ born and raised) is at University of North Dakota and the locals wonder why he doesn't sound like the chowder heads on The Jersey Shore.

Even my husband, a life long southerner, was confused by the southern direction to 'turn by the fir tire'..... Translated: Fire Tower

OOFda Jerry, ya made me spit coffee all over myself. My ex was from ND, her Dad always pronounced his phone # tree tree tree O.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Andrus View Post
    My son (NJ born and raised) is at University of North Dakota and the locals wonder why he doesn't sound like the chowder heads on The Jersey Shore.
    Probably all that great lutefisk and hot dish he's scarfing up....

-Jerry (pronounced "Jury")

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Reals View Post
    OOFda Jerry, ya made me spit coffee all over myself. My ex was from ND, her Dad always pronounced his phone # tree tree tree O.
    Where do you think MY coffee just went with the "tree-tree-tree-0" stuff?