Thread: Class and Seminars Selection For 2011?

Class and Seminars Selection For 2011?

This was a pretty good year for classes and seminars. I took a Jimmy Clewes class in February and I attended American Association of Woodturner's Symposium in Hartford. With this year almost over, I'm starting to think about classes and seminars for next year.

Does Woodworking In America take place every year? Since the latter half of the year I've been doing more and more with hand tools. That looks like it could be fun as far as a seminar goes. (Can't seem to find pricing now that the WIA is full).

While I wouldn't be opposed to taking some turning classes if they are local (Calgary, Alberta), I think next year I want to focus on higher end furniture making. Or even a chair. Has anyone seen any Festool classes for the Domino? Considering what I paid for it, I don't use it nearly enough.

Anyway, just wanted your opinion on classes and seminars that you took within the last couple of years that really stuck out in mind and more importantly helped you improve your overall woodworking. I'm thinking next year I really want to take it up a notch and I don't mind traveling a bit.
    Wood works well with winter

Tim,

Google "Rob Cosman". He offers hand tool classes in Calgary.

I have been thinking about taking one, but have not had the time yet.

If you want to learn dovetails, he's the man.
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style