Thread: Question on Assembling Wolverine Jig

Question on Assembling Wolverine Jig

I figured it out. Instruction sheet had answer but not with rest of assembly instructions. But I have a second question below.
    Last edited by David Moore CA; 09-21-2010 at 10:40 PM.

It's been a while since I set mine up, but if my memory doesn't fell me I think they where some type of guard that I didn't see any need for. Probably to satisfy some OSHA regulation. I didn't use them and I know four other turners that use the wolverine system in their shop and I've never seen them on their system either. It's a very good system that should last you many years.
    Happy Turning,
    Jack

Thanks Jack. The other thing I am wondering is the instructions show that you should have 6 1/4 to 6 1/2 inches from the board your grinder is mounted on to the center of the grinding wheel. I am trying to figure out if that is a minimum since I have more like 7 1/2 inches. Any ideas on that? I have a small 3/4 inch spacer board that my Delta grinder is mounted on. If I don't use the spacer the handle to lock down the vee-arm is difficult to use.

Been a long time since I set mine up and took it back down to sell it, but do you have attached (rubber) feet on the bottom of your grinder. I did and had to remove them to make it all fit right.

I had to plan some strips to fit on either side of the base of the grinder to mount the brackets on at the right height.
    Jack

Yes, I took the feet off the grinder. I was thinking I needed a spacer under the base of the grinder since that is how my local Woodcraft shop had theirs set up. But I find that without the feet and without the spacer I do have about 6 1/2 inches from the base board to the center of the wheel so I guess I'll try it that way. I have a Delta VS 8 inch grinder by the way so hopefully I am good to go. Thanks again.

David,
    Im no engineer type, but I think if you deviate from the suggested height, you will alter the settings for the varigrind or ellsworth jig, or whatever. I could be wrong, but I just did what I had to do to get that height.
    my .02. Good luck... love the jig.
    mj