Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check out this Bandsaw!!

^^^^ Mike, Is that you OTHER bandsaw? ^^^^
    My favorite cologne is BLO

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Allen View Post
    The blade never gets more than 90 degrees of contact with any one wheel though? Not the greatest for power transmission.....plus the whole thing is supported by the neck of the original 14" saw? That is not only a lot of extra weight, but the leverage has to be a killer. Blade tension? Upper bearing stability?
    The second saw is supported by the steel tubing running behind the original band saw.the only thing connecting them is the blade and the base.

Looks to me like a commercial shop needed a one time setup for a special job so they cobbled this up from a pair of semi-disposable bandsaws. Those aren't exactly vintage PM140s. Still, it seems to me that a good saber saw would have been just as effective and a lot cheaper.

That's how they do things in FuncoLand.

Naw! Happened to see it on CL today. For that puppy, I'd need an extension on my shop and that ain't...wait a minute......a third BS and a bigger shop...hmmmmmm
    I drink, therefore I am.

It looks real enough. Someone definitely took the time to weld together all of that support structure, and I don't think they'd do all that just to take a picture.

But it sure looks dangerous. Hope they had fun with it!

What Dave said.

They must've needed a Manute Bol silhouette.
    Darnell