Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodworking in America Who's going?

Woodworking in America Who's going?

I just wanted to take a poll of those going and see if we can agree on when and where to meet up.
    The schedule is so tight if you are attending a lot of lectures we might have a hard time setting a time good for all.

im going. but unfortunatly missed out on buying tickets for the semminars.

Unhappy Woodworking in America

I had tickets for the whole conference, but then I found out I was deploying to Iraq and my report date was 2 October, so I turned them in for a refund. Right after that, I was informed that my report date has slipped by a month and I could have gone to the conference. Talk about a bummer. But what is even worse, is that I'll miss next year's conference as well.
    Oh well, the wife is happy that I won't be buying a bunch of tools that will sit in boxes for a year.

I did not buy tickets because I lost my job about time they went on sale and did not know with a new job what my hours would be.
    Going to the trade show.

The event is about 20min from my house
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I will be there for the seminars, marketplace and a couple of the special events like the Tool Makers Dinner and the Feast of Roubo. I'm signed up for many of the seminars but would love to meet up with my fellow Creekers.

Mike

"Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Mike I will be at the Thursday dinner. (now called the WIA preview dinner). I am not sure how big it is but I will keep my eye out for you.
    The Paul Bunyan show looks like fun too.
    Bob sorry your not able to come but congrats on the deployment reprieve. Good luck in the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Velie View Post
    Mike I will be at the Thursday dinner. (now called the WIA preview dinner). I am not sure how big it is but I will keep my eye out for you.
    The Paul Bunyan show looks like fun too.
    Bob sorry your not able to come but congrats on the deployment reprieve. Good luck in the sandbox.
    Scott

I'll keep an eye out for your cowboy hat!

Mike

Just FYI for anyone staying in Cincinnati for the show.
    On the east side of town that weekend is the Pumpkin Run Nationals.
    Hotels in the Eastgate, Milford area will be packed.
    Great if you are into old cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQp4eqZtZ_c

Map below

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...17294&t=h&z=11
    - Rick Dale

near San Diego: unincorporated section of county

off topic

Dave,

as a Cincinnati ex-pat myself, how far are the Reds going to go this year? Is the excitement like it was in the BRM days?

James

Planning to go.

Smile I'm Going!!!!!!

I'd like to make a little change to my earlier message. Thanks to the great folks at Popular Woodworking and Woodworking In America, I will be able to attend WIA. They allowed me to re-register even though registration had been closed, and someone even came in on their day off to make sure I got into the sessions I had originally requested. Talk about TERRIFIC CUSTOMER service.
    THANKS!!!

I'll be at the seminars and marketplace. When, where would you like to meet?

Quote Originally Posted by James Baker SD View Post
    Dave,

as a Cincinnati ex-pat myself, how far are the Reds going to go this year? Is the excitement like it was in the BRM days?

James

It's kinda funny. People are not talking much about the Red's. If you walked around town, you would be hard pressed to even know they were in the running.
    - Rick Dale

What is the level of ease in catching a cab near the convention center? It must be pretty easy, right?

What about walking around?