Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I Engrave a Full Vodka Bottle

Couple of years back I did 400 bottles of wine for a winery that was doing a show, FYI, no two bottles are made the same, The labels aren't put in the same location everytime, what a pain in the rear to have to line up each and every bottle to make sure they engraved in the correct location.

Epilog Fusion Fiber 30 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 75 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 60watt x 2
    Epilog 32Ex 60watt (new tube, putting out 72 watts)
    Epilog Summit 25watt x2
    IL-60 2 x 100 watts 60" x 120"
    Corel X6
    Adobe CS6 Master Edition
    "http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?id=128

Quote Originally Posted by greg lindsey View Post
    Couple of years back I did 400 bottles of wine for a winery that was doing a show, FYI, no two bottles are made the same, The labels aren't put in the same location everytime, what a pain in the rear to have to line up each and every bottle to make sure they engraved in the correct location.

That's strange. Most bottling lines have the labels applied at the exact same height. Maybe someone manually applied the labels.
    ULS M-300 30W, CorelDraw X4

The font on the back was pretty small, it was readable but not as crisp as I would have liked, next time, fewer words, larger font. It is a font called Pieces of Eight and it is not a crisp font to begin with anyway. Picture is not good either

Last edited by Steve Burk; 10-20-2010 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greg lindsey View Post
    Just curious, how did you hold the bottles in the rotary attachment? It does not appear that it would work well with the rotary attachment on my Pinnacle M series. I am just not sure that the small (open) end of the bottle would stay centered in the powered end of the attachment. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Don
    Pinnacle 40 watt M Series with Rotary Attachment - Corel Draw X3 - Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 - PhotoGrav 2.11 - etc.

I'm not sure what your rotary looks like, but on my Epilog, I engrave bottles upside down, with the opening pointed to the right.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Steve,
    Love the rum bottle, nice work.