Thread: Thoughts on Jet Cabinet Saw.

Cool Thoughts on Jet Cabinet Saw.

Was ready to pull the trigger on the new Grizzley G1023RLX. Just received an email about the Jet 3000 sale and I can get the Jet 708675PK Deluxe Xacta Saw with 50" Rip for $1699 (original cost $2149). Since the purchase will be made locally, the savings on shipping make the cost difference between the 2 saws almost a wash. Does anyone have any thoughts on Jet cabinet saws? Also, are there any major differences between the 2 saws? Thanks in advance of the advice.

I had a Jet Xacta and had no problems with it. The top was flat and there was almost no runout on the arbor or with a good blade. I really liked the saw but sold it not too long ago and bought a SawStop for the added safety features.

I have experience with the Jet (albeit somewhat older) and the new 1023RLX. I loved the Jet, but I hated its dust collection ability (Jet 2hp could not empty the cabinet). The new 1023 is quite an amazing saw for the money. Dust collection is excellent. Arbor has virtually no runout. Table is dead flat. Fence works very well. and I really like the paddle style off switch.

If the price is a wash the warranty that is 5 times as long would make the Jet a no brainer for me. The Jet is a fine saw.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I own the JET for I guess around 10 years now. Very happy with the saw.
    I believe the new JET saw has a much better dust collection.
    Thats a great price on that saw.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

The only differences I see are an arbor lock and drawer on the Jet. I have the G1023RL and I am extermely happy with it. I traded an old Unisaw in for it. From the parts diagram the Jet Deluxe guts looks similar to the Unisaw with a retrofitted riving knife and dust shroud. That is a proven design. The G01023RL(X) is a redesign. Availability might be another consideration. I thought I heard that the Grizzlies were on backorder again till Nov. I could be wrong. I have both Jet and Grizzly tools. I would rate them equal and would shop based on price and features. At normal prices I think Jet has gotten way to full of themselves. During sales I think they are a little closer to reality.

If the price is close, I'd go with the Jet. The saws have roughly similar quality, but the Jet has local support and a longer warranty. An easy choice for me...
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I have the Jet Deluxe Xacta saw with the 50" rip fence. I love it. I have had it for a year and 5 months now, with no problems. I love the arbor lock for changing blades. The lever for changing out the riving knife is nice and easy to use. Dust collection is real good with the dust shoud that surrounds the blade. The front drawer on the Jet is nice to store your extra blades, riving knives, etc.
    I would pick the Jet over the Grizzly especially at that price, as I paid about $2200 for mine. No matter which one you pick, you are going to love the riving knife. Although I had to purchase the low profile riving knife seperatly, and it was backordered for about 4 months. Also had to purchase the dado insert also. I believe the Grizzly comes with a low profile riving knife standard and a dado insert.
    Last edited by Tom Welch; 10-01-2010 at 8:36 AM.

Let me cast another vote for the Jet. I'm not taking anything away from the Grizzly, but that is a good price - not much more than I paid for my Deluxe Xacta saw more than two years ago (also on sale).

I can honestly say I have had no complaints whatsoever on my Jet. Performance, features, dust collection, convenience.

The only complaint I've had was with the Jet mobile base I bought with it. Darn thing will NOT lock - it only puts a drag on the wheels, so the saw will move if I lean hard against it, like if I'm reaching to pick up something from the back of the saw.

As another member said, figure in the cost of the low-profile riving knives (both standard and thin-kerf if you use both types) and the dado throat plate unless you plan on making your own (recommended). The blade guard is super nice, but as I wanted to go with an over-arm guard, I ended up buying a Delta Uniguard and adapting the original Jet guard to replace the basket-style guard on the Uniguard.

No buyer's remorse from me on the Jet.
    --Steve--
    Support The Creek - click here

Talking Jet vs. Grizz

I am going to cast a vote for the Jet. I own both Grizzly and Jet tools-although not tablesaws-and if I were in the market for one of those to saws you mentioned-the Jet would be my choice. If money were not a factor the new Delta table saw would be my first choice. At that price you could get the Jet for is a really good deal for a very nice piece of equipment.
    Kevin

I have the deluxe with 5hp motor. Absolutely love it, other than the fact it does not get enuf use due to my lack of time. Only negative that I have found is that the table was lower than my Hybrid. I am 6'4" so this allows me to stretch further. I guess another quirk is that on my saw, the 4" DC port only pulls dust from the blade shroud. NBD, I added overblade DC and that helped!