Thread: One less lumber supplier in San Jose...

One less lumber supplier in San Jose...

Am working on a project for my daughter's daycare, and needed to get some 1/4" plywood. So started calling around... just found out that one of my "go-to" suppliers, Plywood and Lumber Sales (or PALS), has closed their San Jose Branch...

--Andy

And their San Francisco branch has very little stock -- so little that I think it might close too. Dunno what's happening with them.

Bummer. When I was living out that way I used to visit the San Francisco place every so often. They had a nice hardwood selection. I still have a piece or two of some Spanish Cedar I bought there 16 years ago.

Darn !!

I've used PALS with very good success, although I'm not a volume user. Thanks for the warning as it will save me gas and a 1hr round trip only to find they're gone. Wonder who's next ???
    Dick Mahany.

I'd hate to see Van Arsdale Harris or Macbeath go.

I purchase my ply & hardwood from Macbeath...I too would hate to see them go under. I'm guessing that Macbeath will end up absorbing some former PALS customers which will give them a boost.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.