Thread: Woodcraft Shelving System

Woodcraft Shelving System

Anyone have any experience with this shelving unit from Woodcraft? I'm considering installation in my shop for lumber storage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It actually works pretty darn well, IMHO. I'm not using it extensively, but part of what I'm using it for is it's holding up my JDS air cleaner. They're easy to work with, sturdy, and will do everything they say they do and it looks like they do.

They look just like some that I got from a Low's store. I use them for wood storage, and they are very sturdy.

Lea Vally also sells them.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/48-W...rs-Pair-/H2534

I like these Shop Fox shelves from Grizzly. There really heavy duty and don't require the supports underneath, allowing me to fill the entire space with lumber.

I also got the shop fox type listed there, but I got them from hartville tool during one of their weird sales.

I like them a lot. They allow you to put a lot of lumber in little wall space, as long as you have a wall that can handle it.

6. I got a set of these for next-to-nothing from a Craigslist seller, then discovered I could get more like them at my Woodcraft store. Nothing fancy, but good, sturdy shelving. As the guy above suggests, the supports without the diagonal brace underneath are plenty strong for moderate loads. If you want to store some railroad ties, then I recommend the braced supports.

The exact same standards and brackets can be bought at Menards for a bit cheaper (unless WC is having a sale and including free shipping)

They're reliable if not pretty.

I believe it is John Stirling shelving. It's also available from McMaster-Carr.

It's very sturdy. I also have the Rubbermaid double track stuff which is a little less beefy, but fine.

-Jeff
    Thank goodness for SMC and wood dough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Makiel View Post
    I believe it is John Stirling shelving. It's also available from McMaster-Carr.

It's very sturdy. I also have the Rubbermaid double track stuff which is a little less beefy, but fine.

-Jeff
    It is John Stirling and you can also get it on amazon and the cheapest place I buy it is at Menards. I have 4 racks worth of it with three standards each. I use the heavy duty triangle 20" brackets.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I use them for wood storage and use the braces with the angled support. I also had a bunch of 3/8" ply from a salvage and used it to make shelves and screwed them to the braces. Very strong system.