Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a Turnkey Laser?

1. Smile Printing on a TurnKey Laser

Hi All,

Just a point of information - you can print Directly from Corel X4 or X5 to the TurnKey laser system. Our driver lets you print by color choice, set speed and power, select cut, score, engrave by color and set the order pf processes (which color first) It is very versitile and easy to use.

Mike

Hi Mike,

There was mention of an optional two year warranty, want to give us some details on that? I can't find any on the website currently.

-James
    Liberty CNC / Sherline / Mach3 / SheetCAM / CorelDraw V12, X3 and X4 / EZ Smart System / DragonCNC / DXFTool

James

Please give Mike Kischke a call on this matter. I simply had a conversation with two people about this equipment and am not qualified nor authorized to provide warranty details.

I didn't notice earlier but I see now that Mike has joined the forum. Welcome Mike.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 10-07-2010 at 5:55 PM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

No offense, but these warranties are a bit of a joke. If you buy a TV from Walmart and buy one of those $150 3yr warranties you aren't getting a warranty from Walmart or from the manufacturer. Some insurance company is warrantying the product and will send out a certified repair person to fix the issue. With this 2 year warranty, you are basically buying into a brand new company and saying they will be around to offer you support. Considering how bad the rate of new businesses staying in business is, I'd say you are taking quite a leap of fate by buying into any extended warranty.

As for these machines, I think companies like Turnkey, Brightstar, Logilase, ect have a sound business model. It's whether or not these small operations can keep up with the service demand is another story. It only takes a couple of sour $8000 credit card transactions to really put you on your behind. Personally, I think it is wiser to stick with regional sales so you can service the products without having to think about airfare and fighting battles 2500 miles away.

Either way, I have strong interest in a 60-80W machine in the near future with a 24x36 table. My small laser is fine, but 30w and 12x18 is a bit limiting.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Ross

Without knowing the details of this warranty you have lumped it, and I don't know what others, together. This appears to be a "factory" warranty rather than a purchased product insurance third party type warranty.

Certainly, there have been many examples of scam artists in the product insurance field--one rather large one headquartered here in St. Louis--but my take is that this is not the same.

The gentleman who owns this company has a long and reputable career in the laser field. I would caution against speculation and generalization.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Mike,

Speculation and generalizaion here?
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

I personally am very interested. I think the US company support is over rated. I don't think it is as good as other think it is. Yes, I want and need support, but, I am willing to check into this laser further and have an open mind. I have a laser with a US company and have had nothing but problems, and still have problems as it is still not fixed. And if I can help a new small US business grow, I am all for it.

I think lasers are a lot like some other things, there are always bad lemons and extra good ones. Consistent good ones is not as common.

I also think everyone has their favorites, no problem with that! I have not found a favorite yet, but am looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleta Allen View Post
    I personally am very interested. I think the US company support is over rated.
    One thing about support, you never realise just how important it is until
    you need it.

Marty
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Hi,

Mike Null,

The question was posed to Mike Kirschke. I am definitely buying a laser early next year. I wrote my first laser utility for CorelDRAW and I intend to make many more. I have been investing in equipment so I know my software works and is useful.

I have traded emails with Mike Kirschke. But I am waiting for the ARA show in Las Vegas. BrightStar will be there and other vendors of what appears to be the exact same laser (legacylasers ??). I believe it is a WKLASER model but not sure. Legacylasers is offering a spare laser tube on one of their models.

The 24 x 36 is attractive to me, but even though it has casters I have been told that you really can't roll it around. That does not work well for me since my workshop is 100% reconfigurable (except for the shelving on the walls) with all my other large power tools on wheels. Since the 24 x 36 also has a pass through capability it would need to be installed away from a wall unless it can be rolled for clearance as needed.

Lots to learn here.

-James
    Last edited by James Leonard; 10-08-2010 at 11:44 AM.
    Liberty CNC / Sherline / Mach3 / SheetCAM / CorelDraw V12, X3 and X4 / EZ Smart System / DragonCNC / DXFTool

Quote Originally Posted by James Leonard View Post
    Hi,

Mike Null,

The question was posed to Mike Kirschke. I am definitely buying a laser early next year. I wrote my first laser utility for CorelDRAW and I intend to make many more. I have been investing in equipment so I know my software works and is useful.

I have traded emails with Mike Kirschke. But I am waiting for the ARA show in Las Vegas. BrightStar will be there and other vendors of what appears to be the exact same laser (legacylasers ??). I believe it is a WKLASER model but not sure. Legacylasers is offering a spare laser tube on one of their models.

The 24 x 36 is attractive to me, but even though it has casters I have been told that you really can't roll it around. That does not work well for me since my workshop is 100% reconfigurable (except for the shelving on the walls) with all my other large power tools on wheels. Since the 24 x 36 also has a pass through capability it would need to be installed away from a wall unless it can be rolled for clearance as needed.

Lots to learn here.

-James
    it also looks like a HFlaser (redsail)
    -
    Zing 24 - 40 watts
    Corel X3/X5/X6
    Autocad 2016

Quote Originally Posted by James Leonard View Post
    Hi,

Mike Null,

Lots to learn here.

-James
    James, A few points to be aware of.

• Not all Chinese made machines are of the same quality even if they look exactly the same from the outside.
    • No laser is going to be all that easy to relocate around your shop. You will need to re-align your lens with most moves and you will need to address the problem of exhausting the out-gases.
    • Do not put much stock in an extra tube,they have a limited shelf life and based on my experience you should get at least 2 years on the original tube.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Boekers View Post
    One thing about support, you never realise just how important it is until
    you need it.

Marty
    I agree, support is needed and important, I was meaning that I don't think all US companies give as much support as some might think. Believe me, I have needed more then I should have needed it!

As a new member and stumbling on to this thread, I wanted to post some information about the Turnkey Laser products.Recently at an embroidery show in Houston, Mike Kischke was showing a 40 watt unit to the embroidery industry. The machine, his knowledge, and the price point were all rather impressive. I can state with confidence that buying one of these units from them will add more than just a laser cutter to your tool set but also a wealth of industry know how and advice.Thanks Mike for all the info and we'll be in touch.Steve Simons

Hey Buzz being you mentioned it (We only do vector cutting here and we were able to test speed and performance against two other laser makers) that you have multiple brand machines and I think Epilog is one of them how do they compare to each other. Dollar for dollar how does the yurnkey system stand up to the american made units?
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Lang View Post

I am curious how easy it is to go from Corel X5 to the TurnKey if anyone can comment?
    Buzz Said (we use Corel X4) yes it is imported
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)