Thread: Who says CS is dead?

Who says CS is dead?

WOW, that's all I can say, is WOW. I just got off the phone with Delta. No, not Delta tools (no CS there). No, not Delta Airlines (good luck there, too). Delta Faucets! We purchased a Delta sink faucet 6 1/2 years ago when we bought this house. It just had a fatal error. My plumber suggested calling them to "see what they could do"... Well, I've got a new one on its way. Pretty much no questions asked.

My inititial reaction when this one failed was "I knew I should have bought Kohler. I'm replacing it with Kohler. No more Delta." Well, with a company standing behind their products like that, they've kept me. Thanks Delta Faucets.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Mike,

It's great when a company stands behind their products.

I have had Price-Pfister do the same thing but I hear Price-Pfister quality isn't as good today as it was 25 years ago when I first started using that brand.

In my most recent bathroom remodel, I used Delta.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Mike,

It's great when a company stands behind their products.

I have had Price-Pfister do the same thing but I hear Price-Pfister quality isn't as good today as it was 25 years ago when I first started using that brand.

In my most recent bathroom remodel, I used Delta.
    I agree Ken, I use delta only, I cant say I've had a problem with a delta faucet. price-phister I do not care for, only had one and it lasted for 2 years. I like the feel of delta (and moen) the controls feel more solid and the shutoffs are a solid wall, no leaks.

I have all Delta faucets in my house and they work very well. Unfortunately, I also have well water and even with water treatment equipment and filters still get little bits of stuff that are hard on the faucet seats. I have called Delta a number of times to get replacement parts and they have been helpful in identifying the model and then shipping free of charge the replacement parts.

+1 for Delta Faucets

I have had the same luck with Kohler as well as Hansgrohe, it seems faucet and fixture manufacturers are on top of CS.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Well, with a company standing behind their products like that, they've kept me. Thanks Delta Faucets.
    We have all had this type of service that makes us customers for life.

It's too bad more companies do not catch on to the effectiveness of good CS on customer retention.

But, they will spend 10x to attract new customers... go figure!

Believe it or don't (I didn't)

We have a "no name" single lever control pull-out spray handle faucet bought at Home Depot in the kitchen. It came with a creamic disk "lifetime warranty". After 10 or so years, it started dripping. SWMBO is excellent about keeping paperwork, I am not. She found the original paperwork and called the listed phone no. A few weeks later we had a new faucet. Home Depot got points on that one.

I have Moen in the kitchen and they have a lifetime warranty as well with no hassle. I'm now a Moen regular.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I predict that just reading this thread will cause one of my faucets to stop working in the days to come.

Phil, better be a Delta, Moen, or Kohler...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Price- Pfister is owmed by Black and Decker now....

Same with Grohe if purchased after 97 -- Although you need to have the recite. They will replace any part.

I have found that if you call the manufacture direct they often just send you what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    ... Hansgrohe....
    No kidding!! Washer-seal-type thingy failed in one side bathroom faucet. Zero success at a number of hardware stores in a replacement seal. Called Hansgrohe CS. Explained the issue, wanted to buy seals for both hot + cold.

Guy said "sounds like a warranty issue"
    Me "doubt it - PO did the renovation 15+ years ago."
    Guy "sounds like a warranty issue"
    Me "I don't see how."
    Guy "SOUNDS LIKE A WARRANTY ISSUE"
    Me "I agree"
    Guy "Fine - I ship you an entire replacement valve - the updated version of the one you have. In fact, if one failed, the other will soon, so I'll send you two entire valves, UNLESS YOU WANNA ARGUE THAT ALSO."
    Me "Nope. I'm good."
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

The faucet showed up TODAY!!!! Unbelievable...
    I drink, therefore I am.