Thread: Faucet installation question

Faucet installation question

My handles an faucet head beauty rings that meet the counter spin around freely.
    Am I suppose to put some clear silicon around it? Is that the standard? I cant tighten the handle down or faucets any tighter due to restricted space. Nothing jiggles.

Thanks

Just lift up the rings and put a dollop of silicone underneath them, then press them back down.
    B.P.O.E.
    LODGE #877
    HAVERSTRAW,NY

Craig,
    I'm curious what you mean by the "restricted space" that keeps you from tightening down the faucet handles.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Tashiro View Post
    Craig,
    I'm curious what you mean by the "restricted space" that keeps you from tightening down the faucet handles.
    My sinks are deep and maybe 2-3 inches off of wall, so you have the threaded pipe coming down to lock it into counter and then very close to it the hot and cold water spigots. I cant even squeeze a socket in there never mind any type of good grip with plyers or wrench, I cant even open the wrench nor the plyers wide enough to grab such a large ring.

Basin Wrench

You can also just get one that attaches to a standard 3/8" drive ratchet or extension (maybe a few extensions ;-).

Last edited by Kevin Groenke; 10-10-2010 at 11:06 PM.

you can pack the underside of the rings with plumbers putty.

Thanks, I took the faucet handles off and tightened it. The actual faucet head though, I was under there again, theres a nut then a C shaped disc that keeps it over the granite hole I guess. The nut that tightens the head down to the faucet is so tight in there, I tried a wrench and then needle nose pliers but never could get a good enough tighten on it. I think on the faucet head I will just put some silicone beading around it since I dont think that basin wrench will fit in there either.