Thread: Vacuum pump

Vacuum pump

Does any one have a suggestion as to where a Gast 0522 or 0523 pump can be obtained? I have checked Surplus Center and Ebay without success. Surplus does not have any and what is on Ebay seems expensive to me. I have a Hold Fast system that works very well and was quick and easy, however, I would prefer not running a 5hp industrial air compressor for a vacuum chuck.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ted

2. I use a vacuum pump from harbor freight. It is cheep and will pull 25". The only draw back is it is an oil pump so you get a very fine mist from time to time. It is not very bad and works great and it is cheep.

Here’s my post on building a vacuum chuck.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=147013

This guy gave me his phone number and he helped me with a vacuum pump and solved the rotating union issue. Email him and talk to him on the phone, he’s a great guy! He guaranteed his pump and when it didn’t pull what I wanted it to, he paid shipping back to himself and sent me another that pulled 26”, almost new one.
    http://stores.ebay.com/elradmfg/Vacuum-Pumps-/_i.html?_fsub=1537248010&_sid=186289040&_trksid=p4 634.c0.m322

Thanks for the suggestions Ben and Josh. I ended up getting one from Kurt at the place you recommended Josh. Now to run down the other components.

Ted

Ted,
    Go to ebay and search on vacuum chuck. The guy will take less than 49, I got mine for 40, but I know he would take 35. It works great. I actually have one with the rotationg union that Kurt suggested and a face plate with a pvc coupling and the above one. I like both, but the ebay one is easier, just got to lowes or HD and get some hose that will just fit over the tube that comes out from your hand wheel and hook it up to the pump and you're in business